Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Re: Ciaffone\'s Middle Limit Poker

[ QUOTE ]
I am actually re-reading MLH now (second cover to end re-reading although certain sections I have read many times).

In the games I play in this would generally be a cal-down since you will get raised byan Ace with a worse kicker. This is player dependan though. Unless I know that opponent s pretty tight I am not laying down here. a lot of theissues people have with MLH is the assumptions Ciaffone and Bryer make aboutyouropponents' likely holdings. I am sure there are games where thisis a fold. I amnot certain those games are your typical middle limit games today, either live or online; they are certainly not your typical low limit games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

The only problem with the hand I mentioned, is that its HU. Now if the pot was multi-way its more of a definite fold. Hence the problem here Heads up...it really depends on the opponent...where as if its multi-way its almost a clear fold.

I do have problems with some of the prefolp/overcard situations...to much limping and on the overcards there are some situations that are presented that I belive should be a bet or raise.

Its a good book, but I think it should be read after you have a good grasp of the concepts and fundamentals behind playing the way you do...that way u dont take what they say as gospel and when looking at one of their hands, you can tell "hey, I think thats a weak move, compared to hey, thats a pretty strong move." Either way, it gets u thinking. It will definitly help u fold in some situations you might not have before.

Remember, this book is more situation dependant then opponent dependant. Understand why they are doing it in that situation, but why it may be wrong in another, albiet, closer scenario.