Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Interesting Under Full Line ( 100NL 6 max)

Still early in the day, I have not seen anything unusual so far.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

BB ($117.20)
UTG ($137.69)
MP ($141.77)
CO ($246.98)
Hero ($98.50)
SB ($102.30)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($5) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls $4, MP folds.

Turn: ($13) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, UTG calls $6.

River: ($25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $30</font>, Hero calls $18.

Final Pot: $85

Anyone like 3 bet the river? If so are you folding to a push?
Old 12-08-2005, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Interesting Under Full Line ( 100NL 6 max)

I would re-raise.

He doesn't have AA (if he did he played the entire hand like a donkey)

I doubt he has 63 or 62, so Im only worried about A6. Theres a lot more 6s you beat.

If he does have A6 so be it, youve got a great hand here and Ill think you'd be stacking someone with trip 6s more times then not.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:32 AM

Looks good. I don't see a worst hand making this river play. It's usually A6 and sometimes a weirdly played AA imo.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:36 AM

push it in. Villain has 45 and was drawing dead the whole time.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
push it in. Villain has 45 and was drawing dead the whole time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, disregard my advice. I think donkeys are doing this with any 6 on the river.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:41 AM

I would certainly atleast call this river. UTG could have... 54, 67, 65, A6, AA, 22 and you beat so many of these combinations you must atleast call.

If you three bet, push, because if he is calling anything he is calling it all. Given the only reasonable hands that beat you are AA and A6, and that the majority of the players I have played against at the 100 would call a push with just trips / a straight here I would push.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:46 AM

The only thing I disagree with here is that if villian has AA I think he played it excellently.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I disagree with here is that if villian has AA I think he played it excellently.

[/ QUOTE ]

You and I differ in opinion.

Limping with AA and giving the entire table a flop is a mistake.

On the flop, If you think you are ahead with AA giving away a free card is a mistake.

On the flop if you think your AA is behind, drawing as a 22 to 1 underdog is a mistake.

If you caught your ace on the turn, not raising and getting value from a draw, or a 6 is a mistake.

On the river, only raising to $30 after implying $90 more in calls on the flop is a mistake.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:00 PM

Limping with aces UTG in order to reraise is a very fine strategy at an aggressive table. You cannot simply dismiss this as bad; atleast it is foolish to do so.

On the flop you are way ahead / way behind. Raising gets worse hands / bluffs to fold and better hands to play with you.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Limping with aces UTG in order to reraise is a very fine strategy at an aggressive table. You cannot simply dismiss this as bad; atleast it is foolish to do so.

On the flop you are way ahead / way behind. Raising gets worse hands / bluffs to fold and better hands to play with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah except

1) We don't know that this is an agressive table
2) Limp reraising basically announces AA or KK, whereas a simple raise gets the money in and your hand is still somewhat shrouded in mystery. Why give your opponents the advantage of knowing exactly what you have.
3) right on the flop he is WA/WB but not raising gives you no clue as to where you are. Assume for a second that he doesn't hit his miracle ace on the turn. Is he calling value bets from a lone 6 all the way to the river? If he is he's stupid for letting the dude suck out on him for free, and then paying him off like a fish.
4) Not raising the turn and building a pot against someone with a 6 is foolish.