Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 09:45 AM

Default Re: JJ...decisions

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that dude's a maniac (if i read his stats correctly).

i think i'd put in 1 more on the turn. i'm not giving credit for a set given those stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may also give you the option of a cheap showdown when the A falls on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This particular villain doesn't seem like the sort you want to try this against. You're often getting 3-bet, and I don't think you can fold to it against this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the overlay from UTG+2 made it worthwhile in the times it fails. But point taken.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:02 AM

i liked playing it this way. I wasn't too fond of the A coming on the end and I was pretty sure that card was the nail in my coffin. Villain flipped over A7o. Yay.

I liked pushing on the flop because i had a BDFD. Had I not had the J of clubs, do you guys think a flop cap would have still been correct? Or just bet/call a 3-bet?
Old 11-23-2005, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I liked pushing on the flop because i had a BDFD. Had I not had the J of clubs, do you guys think a flop cap would have still been correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. I don't think the BDFD changes that much. In fact I <u>fear</u> a club on the turn putting me in between UTG+1, who likes his hand, and UTG+2, with a completed flush. The good thing about the J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] being in your hand is that it is one less out for the flush draw.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I liked pushing on the flop because i had a BDFD. Had I not had the J of clubs, do you guys think a flop cap would have still been correct? Or just bet/call a 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the J-high BDFD changes anything. That's a super-weak backdoor draw.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:07 AM

:grunch: The villan is so laggy. The flop cap looks good to me. I would have raised the turn.

If he keeps up the aggresion, I would call the reraise, call the river bet, and find out he spiked his A with AJ clubs.

If he calls the raise, I would check/call the river because of the A (a little MUBS on my part maybe).

EDIT after reading other posts: Nice! No MUBS!