Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Bluff EV

This is a pretty bad raise.
You won`t ever fold a better hand but will pay off to a hand that beats you. Do you really think a busted flush draw calls?
Old 10-20-2005, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop already.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about a check/raise plan (depending on who bets and how many opponents call)?
Old 10-20-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop already.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about a check/raise plan (depending on who bets and how many opponents call)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ragged flop with 3 opponents, no need to get tricky.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:20 PM

Betting the turn is optional, but fold to the raise. Perhaps a better option on the turn is to check and evaluate the action... See if you can snipe a late position bettor with a check/raise (supposing you have a read that indicates he would have bet the kinf on the flop). If not, the pot is really really small, so check/muck is still a very good turn line. The river is pretty terrible.

By the way, I hate betting this flop. If we do have equity, we are vulnerable to losing it at a later time when we fold correctly to a raise behind us. Small pot, let's see what the turn brings.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, I hate betting this flop. If we do have equity, we are vulnerable to losing it at a later time when we fold correctly to a raise behind us. Small pot, let's see what the turn brings.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should consider some of Entity's thoughts on a very similar hand. After thinking about it for a while, I think I agree with him.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:34 PM

Entity's hand
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is SB with J, 7. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, 1 fold, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 7, 3, Q (6 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, CO bets, Hero raises, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q (2 players)
Hero bets, CO calls.

River: (7 BB) 9 (2 players)
Hero bets, CO calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im also cool with this check raise. Im not sure if you were agreeing with my assessment or not, aaron.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im also cool with this check raise. Im not sure if you were agreeing with my assessment or not, aaron.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you didn't look closely enough. Here's what Entity says further down in the post (the hand wasn't posted by Entity)...

[ QUOTE ]
Part of the reason I lead here and might c/r a more coordinated flop is that there are less draws that can lead this flop, and less hands overall that will call. It's a surefire way of thinning the field somewhat.

[/ QUOTE ]

In response to your...

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, I hate betting this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting the flop isn't nearly as bad as you think it is.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:47 PM

Since we have the option of checking in a small pot to see how much the field likes their hands, I don't see why we should pay to sacrifice this versatility. We have a lot of options after checking, but betting here gives us very few for the later streets. i want some more information.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since we have the option of checking in a small pot to see how much the field likes their hands, I don't see why we should pay to sacrifice this versatility. We have a lot of options after checking, but betting here gives us very few for the later streets. i want some more information.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the small field would be one of the reasons you would WANT to bet the flop. Less opponents means less chance someone connected, especially on a board like this. You must bet to protect your hand. No reason to check and give your 2 opponents a free card to draw out on you with.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a great chance we pick up the pot right now. Only 3 opponents, completely uncoordinated board, small pot.

There's only 1 overcard to the board so no draws can call profitably, particularly since even something like AQ looks like it has 3 outs.

Edit: Also our hand is vulnerable - half the deck brings overcards to our pair. Get your opponents to fold now.