Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2005, 01:52 AM

Default Phil Hellmuth: \"No!\"

First of all, I hate him.

Second of all, does anyone see the irony of him going to all these lengths to get his opponent to call by acting weak ("I imagined my cards were 4-3" which is ALSO ironic since I recall him blowing up late in a tournament and bluffing off most of his chips with this hand against someone's AT when an A hit), and then he flips out that he gets a call and loses. And he writes this all in the same article.

Someone needs to hit him.

Too rich
Old 01-06-2005, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Phil Hellmuth: \"No!\"

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...14&fpart=1
Old 01-06-2005, 02:47 AM

I think fish read his dribble for the same reason housewives, unemployed people and college student watch soap operas--to feel better about themselves.

As long as people read his articles, they will be printed. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2005, 03:47 AM

I think Phil is funny.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:16 AM

You have to love Phil. He says everything that most of the other pros won't say for fear of becoming Phil Jr. He says all the stuff that goes through his head that he CAN say, and not the stuff like "you are a total f'in moron, come here while I punch you" and others that will get him beat up. I love Phil's antics and since he never seems to win anymore you always get to see it.

Also, note that he usually busts out of a tourney with the best hand preflop. Gotta suck to continually be beaten like that with big money on the line.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:32 AM

A sentence fron Hellmuth's column:

I fully expected the last card to pair the board, as I believed I deserved to win the pot.

Yes Phil, when one is "deserving" of a pot the cards magically reshuffle to bring them better odds of drawing out on an opponent...this is a very advanced subject and will be explored in Harringtons Vol. XXXII... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2005, 07:46 AM

Remember Phil's video from the 2003 WSOP? It was like watching a promo for a heel pro wrestler. I was laughing throughout as they showed Phil brushing his teeth with pictures of himself all over the mirror, notes saing "Great things always happen to me", him doing tai chi or whatever (which someone has as their avatar), standing on his balcony with his pale chest blinding nearby birds and any pilots flying planes too low. It was great.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember Phil's video from the 2003 WSOP? It was like watching a promo for a heel pro wrestler. I was laughing throughout as they showed Phil brushing his teeth with pictures of himself all over the mirror, notes saing "Great things always happen to me", him doing tai chi or whatever (which someone has as their avatar), standing on his balcony with his pale chest blinding nearby birds and any pilots flying planes too low. It was great.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.pokerplayer.se/idolbilder.htm
Old 01-06-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fully expected the last card to pair the board, as I believed I deserved to win the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can someone who thinks like that be as good as he is?
Old 01-06-2005, 12:29 PM

I think Phil should start making some big game endeavours.

That would be fun for me to read. Things like how he lost a big pot to a suckout, to say, Gus Hanson. Then steamed for 5 more hours and lost 2 million dollars, some to Ivey and some to Greenstein, people who actually know that suckouts happen and deal with it.

One can dream, right?

If Hellmuth had been beaten by a two outer, one away from the final table in 2003, he might have just crapped himself and passed out, only after screaming "You are going to hell for that, Moneymaker!" Ivey just shrugged, went off, and probably made back his buy in and then some beating up all the other steaming tourney players.