Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 11:39 PM

Default Re: I know I misplayed these QQs, but how?

3-bet PF and bet the river.
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned how awesome QQ sooted is.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:27 AM

Does the equity edge preflop really make this a slam-dunk reraise? One of the big debates I've most been interested in is the edge-versus fundemental theorum one. Where by reraising we seem to be giving our opponents more chances to make the correct plays by bloating the pot. This is especially true of passive games where the flop peal is like a disease.

However, I don't like it, and that's why I posted. I hated my non-3bet preflop. It was that fluster moment when you do the opposite of what you planned, after something weird happens (like a donk or reraise from a passive).

Of course, I know what my villains had -- I'll post that soon -- and that's warping my thoughts on this one.

The river is still messing with my head. Every single one of the options is open to debate (in my mind, I've only been playing seriously for 6 months). bet/fold, bet/call, check/raise (if its the button that raises, which is what happened), check/call. I chose the last one, and with my general abhorance of wimpy poker play, really bothers me.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:19 AM

check/raising the river isn't anything to be putting any thought into.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:28 AM

With that many people in the pot do you think that they'll be making a mistake to take peel a card off on the turn even with 1 overcard to your queens? You aren't forcing them into a mistake on the flop, so just take the equity edge that you have, which is huge.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:35 AM

No thought into chk/raising river?? As I said, only if the button is the last to bet it -- which could mean he has anything and is throwing out a "hey, no one has a flush" bet. If we raise, we might just force a baby flush into a "good fold" on this passive table facing two.

I've never made the bluff raise to fold out the better hand of a non-raising player, but I know it can be done. FPS for 2/4, but if there's ever a situation where it might work in a hand I've been in, this might have been the one.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:42 AM

The hand is fine, with the exception of preflop. I've noticed in a lot of low limit live games that the passives will do this with QQ, not realizing perhaps what a strong hand they have, or maybe they think they can "slowplay" it, or maybe they think that every time somone in EP raises, they have QQ beat. Dunno, it's weird. Anyway, I think the hand is fine and I wouldn't bet the river either. With that many opponents, I see the spade on the river and I think I'm beat. There are no other draws aside from the backdoor heart flush draws.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:43 AM

No, the thought shouldn't cross your mind. This pot is huge, no one is calling down that far with 35s, checking the river and then folding when it's 2 back to them. Check call or bet call.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:46 AM

Check/raising the river when button bets is horrible. For one thing, you are WAY ahead of anyone overcalling here. Raising shuts out the overcalls, which you really want. Secondly, if button did in fact hit the flush, you're likely to get 3bet, and that's just not pretty. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Like everyone else said, you really need to 3bet pf and bet the river.