Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Stop and go against the world\'s tightest player.

[ QUOTE ]
Okay.... please explain then?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying I can (I'd have check/folded the turn. Come on the guy's a rock). The guys I listed can. But posting the 'I'll let other's elaborate' crap isn't helping me either.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:02 AM

Heh sorry, you happened to have posted while I was replying. My posting was directed at Handsome hoping he would reply.

I guess I'll let the experts enlighten me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2005, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're probably right, if he was absolutely certain he was beat then fold to a raise on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely worth one sb to try to spike a ten here. I agree with check-folding the turn. I don't see the point of the bet at all.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:50 AM

You've had 55 hands against him, and he's only played 6 percent(meaning about 3 hands), you think the fact that you've never seen him bet before in those 3 hands is enough to warrant folding an overpair? I think that there's a good chance that you're beaten, but I check call down here, your sample size isnt nearly large enough to make strong reads about his postflop play.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:55 AM

I check/fold the turn. 55 hands is plenty large enough a sample to figure out that someone only ever bets/raises when they have some kind of monster.

I call the flop as you did, but folding is close. You don't have enough direct odds to chase your T (and you must assume you are behind here), so the only question is can you make up enough in implied odds if you hit your set.

You'd need to make up 13BB on the turn and river. I think that people this tight, when they finally hit a hand they deem worthy of playing, fall in love with it and push it to the max. So you may get 8 more BB out of him, but I'm not sure about the rest. MP1 is hanging around for now so maybe. It's close.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:56 AM

call down. 55 hands might be a good amount, but 9 is top pair at this point and the pot is too big to just drop top pair with no straight/flush draws.

hell, if he's that tight, why not reraise the flop and make him decide if you have trips/2 pair. maybe he'll fold.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're probably better off 3 betting the flop to see if he caps, then you know you're done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not like this advice. What equity do you have by 3-betting in this situation? I hope you're not one of those "just had to see if he really had it" players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been on a crusade to challenge these "raise the flop to find out where you're at" posts this week...apparantly unsuccessfuly. I don't want to explain why it's a ridiculous idea again; if people want to play that way it's fine with me.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:07 AM

I still like a raise on the flop, because he may have top pair top kicker (or something close to it like king-nine) so this may be a value bet. And if it's not a value bet (meaning you don't have the best hand), he'll re-raise the flop or fire out on the turn, in which case your flop raise has got you information about where you're at. So basically you have two reasons (in order of importance) to raise the flop 1) your flop raise is basically for value, and 2) will also gain information.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I still like a raise on the flop, because he may have top pair top kicker (or something close to it like king-nine) so this may be a value bet. And if it's not a value bet (meaning you don't have the best hand), he'll re-raise the flop or fire out on the turn, in which case your flop raise has got you information about where you're at. So basically you have two reasons (in order of importance) to raise the flop 1) your flop raise is basically for value, and 2) will also gain information.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, I misread the situation. I thought the LP player raised the TP player, and you were in late position.

Sorry [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2005, 10:11 AM

Completing with TT is a crime. Raise preflop, dude.

Even then, 55 hands is a somewhat small sample to consider folding an overpair. I'd be inclined to call this one down.

Edit: If this guy has only played 3-6 hands or so postflop (depending on the number of free plays out of the blinds), it is very hard to say anything for certain about his postflop tendancies. If the player is 55% VPIP, you have a lot more data and can make a more meaningful decision. With this few hands on him, I'd call him down and make a note about what he had.

Another edit: Just for the record, I don't like the SnG here. I'd check/call the turn and river instead if you're scared of this guy.