Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Good slowplay?

Very passive table. People pretty much don't bet draws, only seem to bet a piece of the board. What do you think guys? I'm in LP with As4s.

3 limpers, I call on the button, blinds call.

9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checks to me and I check. I'm pretty sure I have the best hand here. If I check, I think someone will take a shot at me on the turn and I can raise getting more value out of my bottom pair.

Anyway, the turn comes 2c, MP bet, CO called I raised, blinds folded. They checked to me on the river blank, I bet MP folded and CO called with A2o. Seems like I'm on to something here.

Krishan
Old 04-01-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Good slowplay?

I think you either mistyped what your holding is or what the board is (or I cant read) cuz you dont have bottom pair on this flop.

If you do have bottom pair I HATE this play. I hate it more than I hate liver and onions. You describe the table as passive, they dont bet their draws, but they are going to take a shot at you on the turn??? This is horrible. for starters, passive people dont take shots, when they do they dont call raises. But most importantly, you have bottom frickin pair!!, there arent any turn cards you are going to want to see, and there are what, 50 people in this hand? This isnt a good slowplay, this is a good way to give free cards that will beat you. I dont have my HEFAP in front of me, but im pretty sure it talks about having a strong hand, and few people in the pot, when you decide to do it. Youve got neither here.

I think you are trying to be waaaay to fancy, especiall will all these slowplays. Play your hands straight forward, your win rate will thank me.

edited to reflect your edit of the hand.....the rest of my comments remain the same....oh and you have BB, when I think you mean the button
Old 04-01-2005, 08:06 PM

I think you missed some of the tongue in cheek humor, it's just a goofy play that he made based on a hunch and it worked out, now he's posting for his own and our amusement. I think he clearly knows that as a default play that all of us would hate it.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you either mistyped what your holding is or what the board is (or I cant read) cuz you dont have bottom pair on this flop.

If you do have bottom pair I HATE this play. I hate it more than I hate liver and onions. You describe the table as passive, they dont bet their draws, but they are going to take a shot at you on the turn??? This is horrible. for starters, passive people dont take shots, when they do they dont call raises. But most importantly, you have bottom frickin pair!!, there arent any turn cards you are going to want to see, and there are what, 50 people in this hand? This isnt a good slowplay, this is a good way to give free cards that will beat you. I dont have my HEFAP in front of me, but im pretty sure it talks about having a strong hand, and few people in the pot, when you decide to do it. Youve got neither here.

I think you are trying to be waaaay to fancy, especiall will all these slowplays. Play your hands straight forward, your win rate will thank me.

edited to reflect your edit of the hand.....the rest of my comments remain the same....oh and you have BB, when I think you mean the button

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn I had you going. This is a horrible play for all the reasons you listed. Deliberately so. You even picked up on my passive table comment.

What day is today? And who's your daddy!!!

Krishan
Old 04-01-2005, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Damn I had you going. This is a horrible play for all the reasons you listed. Deliberately so. You even picked up on my passive table comment.

What day is today? And who's your daddy!!!

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the best april fools jokes are the ones that could actually be true, i mean I really could see you playing the hand this way [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2005, 01:09 AM

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 12.20 BB