Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Caesar\'s In was busy last night and the 3-6 Omaha game was good

I played seven hours and the game was still going when I left. I had a bit of a roller coaster ride, sat with $120, busted, rebought for $100 and left dead even seven hours later.

I switched to $6-12 holdem and it was insane, live straddles most hands and pre flop caps were common place. I sat with my $220 from Omaha, was all in in the first hour and ended up $209 after a total of three hours. I have an early appointment this morning or I would still be there, with that much action, I would be rich or crying about bad beats because the swings are extreme in a rockin' game like that.

I started out to just make a comment that the 3-6 Omaha actually went last night but it is trying to become a holdem post. I'll try to steer this post back in the right direction.

The Omaha game was very good but after seven hours, I was starting to get pretty stupid and every one of my starting hands began to appear to be playable. Six to a flop every hand minimum and maybe only four if it was a kill pot that was raised preflop.

This is my favorite play of the evening. A lady has the kill button and raises with 7,8,9,10 rainbow. She get six callers and she bets into overcards the whole way and made a straight on the river. After the hand was over, she says,"I know that isn't a very good starting hand but I felt lucky. I just felt that I was going to make a straight."

She played every hand, had a pretty good sized stack when I sat down, rebought, got all in, built another big stack and was almost to the felt again when I switched games.

There were two ladies in the game and this middle age guy and they played every hand and for the first five hours or so, they all built giant stacks (for a 3-6 game)and then busted. The guy left but the ladies rebought and continued to play. Each one of them at one time had $5-600 in front of them and maybe a couple of times. Their chip stacks looked like bad EKGs, way up and way down, up and down, up and down. When they were up they thought they were the Jedi Poker Masters playing those junk hands and scooping pots and when they were down, they just couldn't believe how bad their luck had turned, they just couldn't make a hand.

If I ever learn to play this game, it will be like taking candy from babies.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Caesar\'s In was busy last night and the 3-6 Omaha game was good

Was there again few weeks ago and sat in the 5 10 20 blind PLO game...my god them boys are nuts, its basically 100+ preflop every hand and 400+ on flop every hand...I flopped set my first hand and won 2500 after that I blinded away 400 and left. Was goot time
Old 11-27-2005, 01:16 PM

I would like to learn that game but it is way to big of a game for me. I am afraid to start learning it because a bad day in the Pot Limit Omaha game at Caesar's IN could be a really bad day! But, on the other hand, a good day would be thousands of dollars. Well actually one good pot would be a pretty good month compared to $6-12 or $10-20 Holdem.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:20 AM

No question in that game getting cracked for 2gs with then nuts on turn is very possible.