Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 02:53 PM

Default \"You are just lucky I didn\'t know what I was doing!\" best quote yet

I am at Caesar's IN about two weeks ago and we had a very interesting group at the table. Becie, Kenny the table coach and this guy from Lebannon KY. In hindsight, I am not certain Lebannon had both oars in the water. One minute he would be giggling but if anyone made the slightest comment about his play, he would get mean. I am talking about a serious overreaction to any comment about his play and then the next instant back to giggling. It started to weird me out a little.

If you have ever played with Kenny the table coach, you can imagine that it didn't take very long before the floor had to intervene.

Let me set it up for you. Kenny the table coach wasn't involved in this one but it was the first time I ever saw him speechless.

Lebannon has rebought at least twice but all the sudden the deck is hitting him over the head. Runner runner straights, gutshots heads up, any two will do and they were doing just fine. He goes from zero to a grand in an very short time and he is all happy and giggiling again.

This is the hand that made me laugh so hard I almost fell out of my chair. I don't remember the action but one guy flopped a set and bet it the entire way and Lebannon made a straight on the river and didn't raise.

Now He is so clueless, He starts giving the other player some grief for calling his bet. He thinks He bet and the other player called. Needless to say, the other players corrected him and a heated discussion begins. Lebannon gets the last word, He says "You are just lucky I didn't know what I was doing!". That was the end of the heated discussion because we were all laughing so hard we couldn't speak.

Here is a totally clueless fish, playing every hand, sucking out on the river relentlessly and He is conviced that He is the greatest poker player on the planet.