Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 09:58 AM

Default Peter Jackson\'s King Kong

Story

Apparently this bad boy clocks in around 3 hours.

Is anyone else getting sick of the 3 hour epic yet? I remember when they could cram a whole story into two-, two and a half hours no problem. If Glory didn't run three hours, does King Kong need to?

Anyone think this has the potential to be a huge flop?
Old 10-28-2005, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Peter Jackson\'s King Kong

if it truely IS an "epic" I don't mind a 3 hour film...

in fact, I prefer it, I would rather a good movie just keep going.

If it's a 3 hour pile of [censored] (Pearl Harbor) then it's just a terrible experience.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:02 AM

blinden == Truth

3 hours of a good film, if you're not tired and good seats is wonderful.

3 hours of crap is terrible.

I expect Jackon's stuff to be in the first group.

Looks good on the trailer, BTW.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:05 AM

Why spoil a good thing? How many Kong movies have already been made up to now? I doubt this one will touch the original, even though Jackson is a good director (despite the fact that the last 30 mins of ROTK should have been done in a 2 minute montage.)
Old 10-28-2005, 10:13 AM

ive never watched any of lord of the rings, star wars or harry potter for this reason.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ive never watched any of lord of the rings, star wars or harry potter for this reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the first two LOTR films were fine, not overly stretched out or anything. I agree that ROTK should have been twenty minutes shorter at least (I remember thinking that if I had to sit through one more scene w/ Frodo and Sam crying reminiscing about The Shire I was gonna throw up). I haven't seen the new Star Wars films.

I've never seen the whole King Kong, any version. Really, can there be enough story there for three hours, or will it just be an effects showcase?
Old 10-28-2005, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the first two LOTR films were fine, not overly stretched out or anything. I agree that ROTK should have been twenty minutes shorter at least (I remember thinking that if I had to sit through one more scene w/ Frodo and Sam crying reminiscing about The Shire I was gonna throw up). I haven't seen the new Star Wars films.

I've never seen the whole King Kong, any version. Really, can there be enough story there for three hours, or will it just be an effects showcase?

[/ QUOTE ]

movies that are mostly about the special effects can be fun to watch on the big screen, watching them at home is impossible for me. i hate long movies.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:28 AM

Do cinemas in the U.S bisect a showing with a 5 minute break? None do over here, and it is really annoying, especially with these 3 hours films. I think it would be smart for them too, as customers would use the break to replenish their supplies.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do cinemas in the U.S bisect a showing with a 5 minute break? None do over here, and it is really annoying, especially with these 3 hours films. I think it would be smart for them too, as customers would use the break to replenish their supplies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a theatre projectionist for a few years while I was in school and I can only remember one movie having an intermission, and it was actually built into the film, it was just a black section of film that ran for abotu 10 minutes with some music.

I can't remember what the movie was either, I think it was a civil war movie, it was a few years ago.

Gods and Generals was the movie
Old 10-28-2005, 10:36 AM

I know this....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a theatre projectionist for a few years while I was in school and I can only remember one movie having an intermission, and it was actually built into the film, it was just a black section of film that ran for abotu 10 minutes with some music.

I can't remember what the movie was either, I think it was a civil war movie, it was a few years ago.

Gods and Generals was the movie

[/ QUOTE ]

because tyler knows this...