Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2004, 01:51 PM

Default why saab

ive been trying to figure out why people get out of saabs. if you want saftey you buy a volvo. you have all the big boys for luxury. what does saab offer for the price? i really am asking-my wife and i were discussing this when we drove past a dealership the other day. thanks.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:13 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: why saab

the same could be said for a lot of cars. how does a person end up buying a dodge stratus? mercury sable? etc. as for saab, girls really seem to like them.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:35 PM

Girls like Saabs for their soft lines.

I, for one, hate Saabs (specifically 9-3s) as I've been incarcerated in hospital beds for a total of 3 months because of them.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:43 PM

I like the new 93x because I wanted a car like the subaru wrx but it was too damn ugly and cheap looking even though it costs $30k+.

the 93x is a subaru WRX under the skin ( made by agreement with saab and subaru), but my girlfriend wouldn't be embarassed to be seen in it. It costs about the same as the subaru also.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:18 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

that's interesting, i didn't know that saab rebranded anything or that subaru provided the service. my gf drives a subaru forrester, great vehicle. i would buy a wrx sti in a split second if they could figure out how to make a premium interior. ditto goes for an awd m3 if bmw made that though, i just can't accept driving a rwd car in missouri winters. i don't like the back of the audi s4 that much and the mpg sucks.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:28 PM

Dude you must be loaded.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the new 93x because I wanted a car like the subaru wrx but it was too damn ugly and cheap looking even though it costs $30k+

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you talking Canadian $ or something? You need to find another salesman if someone's trying to sell you a WRX (non-STI) or a Saabaru for $30k+ USD. Try something more like $22k-$24k if you're in the US. It's also not cheap looking or ugly (in my opinion), but I guess everyone has their idea of ugly.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:29 PM

that dude banging on the rock cow bell under your picture is pretty ugly.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that dude banging on the rock cow bell under your picture is pretty ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]

GUESS WHAT

I'VE GOT A FEVER

AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION

IS MORE COWBELL

GOTTA HAVE THAT COWBELL
Old 08-10-2004, 08:37 PM

SAABS ARE SWEET.

Seriously, people like saabs because they have character and a certain unique classy quality to them. There are easily as safe (built-in internal roll cage) as a Volvo without the humdrum styling. In recent years they have been much better made and therefore much more reliable. They have all the bells and whistles of their more expensive competitors for a more reasonable price.

The 9-3 is a beautiful car for the price and compares very favourable with the comparable BMW, Audi, Acura for a MUCH better price.

The Saab/Subaru shared chasis car is called a 9-2x NOT a 9-3x and looks like a VERY fun car for the price.

And oh by the way chicks DO dig saabs.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] busguy