Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2004, 06:49 PM

Default Re: something from ssh im doing wrong

[ QUOTE ]
The typical player is one who raises with any A, all kinds of connectors (sometimes unsuited), any two face cards, etc. I want to be in a pot with that player when I have AQ, unless some good evidence convinces me otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, then we've been playing at different tables. I'm used to loose players that will play any two cards (on tighter tables they play any two suited) and raise only rarely.

I've also seen a lot of people who call with Aces pf, then proceed to call down and proudly show off their underplayed hand.

Anyway, this is not really an important point. The important point is to adjust to the table you are sitting at, or make a table change.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:46 PM

Totally agree with you.

In my experience the A[anything] raiser is uncommon and would probably be the worst player at the table.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:48 PM

Key there is solid player. And I'm not too afraid of JJ/TT/99 for all that they're ahead you're already intending to hit or get out. The 'solid player' could also be raising with KJs/KQ/AJs/ATs (as you mentioned).

At a loose table/loose opponent reraising isn't terrible, but I think the fold without putting any chips in isn't going to lose you much value either in that situation. It's a good reminder that AQ isn't just 'slightly worse' than AK here.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:56 PM

so theres no hand except KQ and AJ that i can feel real good about calling a raise from a solid player.

It seems unusual that AQ would be a worse hand against a raise than KQ or AJ.

What is the reasoning behind that? I'm looking at the hands listed (AA,AK,QQ,KK, JJ & TT) and KQ or AJ still look just as bad.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so theres no hand except KQ and AJ that i can feel real good about calling a raise from a solid player.

It seems unusual that AQ would be a worse hand against a raise than KQ or AJ.

What is the reasoning behind that? I'm looking at the hands listed (AA,AK,QQ,KK, JJ & TT) and KQ or AJ still look just as bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's saying that he would only feel good calling a raise from one of those hands if he had AQ.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:28 PM

Ah.. Ok. I thought it sounded odd.

Thanks