Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 06:39 PM

Default TP faces Turn C/R

Villain is 62.4, 7.8, 0.57 over 140 hands. Villain is definitely position aware and has layed down a hand on the flop that he had open-raised from the CO that I 3 bet from the button last orbit. Normally this is an easy calldown, but with his aggression being very low, I'm not sure.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.70 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.70 BB
Old 10-13-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: TP faces Turn C/R

Nah this is an easy calldown especially w/the history, late position steal situation, etc. Hard to get a good read on AF when they're playing like 70% of their hands overall. You don't flop a lot of good betting and raising hands when you're seeing the flop with low cards.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:48 PM

I play it the same way, unless opponent has showen that he never buffs. His aggor factor is low because he plays WAY too many hands, he could still be bluffing/betting a weaker TP in this case.

On a side note, I don't understand how you can say that someone who plays 60% of their hands is position-aware...
Old 10-13-2005, 06:49 PM

He's position aware enough to open-raise from the CO with a wide variety of hands.