Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Overpair, A on Turn

This hand comes from the Wynn 2/5 NL game.

I have around $500, so do both villains.

I am dealt black QQ UTG+2, UTG makes it 15 and I raise to 45. The Cutoff coldcalls, he is pretty donkish but tricky. I put him either on a pair or a suited connector of some kind (he really overvalues suited connectors, calling an allin w/ 65s preflop)

The flop comes J64 two hearts. Original raiser checks, I bet 100, CO calls, original raiser folds.

The turn is the ugly A spades. I have around 350, so does the villian, pot is also about 350. Do we push or chk/fold here? It seems like a smaller bet would be worse than either of those.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Overpair, A on Turn

heres what im thinking ... the problem here is that if you push all in you are only going to be called by a hand that beats you (he won't call with just a jack, and hopefully wouldnt call with just a flush draw ... only hand he'll toss that does beat you is KK) and you won't be called by a hand you beat

tough decision ... id prolly just shove it in an see what happens, but if i really thought about it id like a check/call

i agree ... any bet other than all in is going to be bad because you might be unsure what to do at the river if its a brick or a heart
Old 07-12-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Overpair, A on Turn

What happened in the end is that I checked, he checked behind,
the river came the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I folded to his bet.