Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-26-2005, 12:59 AM

Default PokerStars VIP Free Rolls Payouts

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I doubt [the VIP Club freerolls] will pay super-flat though (unfortunately). I expect it to be the same as their typical pay-out structure for all of their other tournaments which would be to the top 10%.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bad read They are going to have a very flat payout. The exact structure is TBD, but tourney-meister Henry is working on it as we speak. Don't hold me to this, but I'm setting the line at a 22.5% payout structure.
------------------------------------------------------------

The response is Lee Jone's to another poster's thoughts on how the free rolls will payout.

It looks like as a worse case scenario, it is going to be a 1 in 4.444 chance of cashing in these free rolls.

It would be my suggestion if the number of players is 200 or less that the payout would even be flatter.

Example of a $10,000 in a weekly SuperNova Free Roll with 100 players in it and a 1 in 3 payout:

1st: $ 1,000
2nd: 900
3rd 800
4th 700
5th 600
6th 500
7th 400
8th 300
9th 300

10th
thru
19th: 250

20th
thur
24th: 200

25th
thru
34th: 100

What do you guys think of a structure like this?

Furthermore, I know this is a little radical and might be hard to implement, but I think we have all been in free rolls where there is a high number of players who are no shows. I think it would be great if somehow for the players that do not show up after 10 hands, their chips would be forfieted and redistributed to the other players in the tourney.

What do you all think?

We know PokerStars has proven they do listen to our input and will probably see this. Please respond with your comments or suggestions since these payouts are still in the works.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Re: PokerStars VIP Free Rolls Payouts

What if they show up 20 minutes late? In a B&M tournament they're blinded off, why should online be any different?
Old 12-26-2005, 01:22 AM

My point here being is that naturally for someone who is sitting at a table of 6 or 7 no shows has a big advanatge over a full table.

Another solution would be if you are not logged in 5 minutes before the start of the free roll you are just removed from the tourney prior to the start of it. (This would be easier to implement.)
Old 12-26-2005, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My point here being is that naturally for someone who is sitting at a table of 6 or 7 no shows has a big advanatge over a full table.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldnt like the idea of being in the blinds 1/2 time.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:03 AM

it's annoying if your table has 7 players who showed up and some other guy on a different table is all alone and gets to steal all the blinds.

that's not poker. it's just silly.
some guy gets a guaranteed 10k chip head-start just by being at the right table where nobody else wshowed up.

the obvious solution is to open registration for it 1 hour prior to start time (obviously open only to those who qualify. if you don't register before the 10-minute mark into the tourney that you ain't playin'.

no need to sit everybody who qualifies in advance...just have them click the register button like a normal tourney.

my problem is that i'm frequently busy on sundays and this is when they will probably be held. so if it's done the way it is on other sites where everyone is seated it will probably be an advantage as i will probably be a late-show for a few.

still not as bad as for the folks in Europe and Australia where the time-zone thing can make it REALLY inconvenient.

I too am happy to hear of the flatter pay-out structure for these events and agree with ODoyle that everyone is just looking at the FPP's and the store...and is overlooking some REAL additional value here.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:30 AM

Flatter payouts mean much tighter play and a much longer bubble. These tournaments are going to last hours and hours longer than they are now, and when the prize different between 1st and 34th is only $900, you'll ask yourself why you even bothered.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:16 PM

I think it would be great if somehow for the players that do not show up after 10 hands

i would guess this would be a major software project
Old 12-26-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be great if somehow for the players that do not show up after 10 hands

i would guess this would be a major software project

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I was typing while I was thinking about this. (Which is very dangerous.)

The obvious solution as MicroBob has already pointed and I figured out later is that you have to register to play and that solves the problem.