Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Re: just had chipotle for the first time today..

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a) at chipotle you see your food the entire time. that makes it pretty close to impossible, unless you happen to be blind, for them to spit in your food.

[/ QUOTE ]
i am not saying chipotle is using sketchy meat...but the meat is pre-made and put out in a line in front of you. who is to say what grade the meat is that they are cooking? are you some kind of expert that you can stand in a line and from 20 yards away look over the counter and through all that crap back there and tell what cut of meat that mexican is chopping up? give me a break, you have absolutely zero clue what cut or grade of meat that mcdonalds chain is cooking up. the fact that you can "see" it is just comforting for you is all.
[ QUOTE ]
b) the meat at many taco shops in san diego is very, very sketchy compared to what you find in a chipotle. believe whatever you want, however.

[/ QUOTE ]
i have eaten at sketchy places in actual mexico and all over texas that have used all kinds of animals in their meat. it was frickin' great food too. i think you would be surprised at the crap you have put in your body unknowingly but your cookie cutter life as conditioned your brain to tell what is good for you and bad for you and in reality you have no idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
jeeez, i feel like my whole post has been completely misconstrued. i eat at crappy taco shops like santanas, robertos, filibertos, don bravos, etc at least 3 times a week. i love them, i love their food. i never said they weren't good.
the only advantages to choosing chipotle over one of these places are (and i honestly dont even see how this can disputed if you are eating at the type of places that i consider normal mexican) that at chipotle you don't have to worry about someone spitting in your food. this is a fact, you see your food as its being made. at 9 out of 10 traditional shops you order at a widow or front counter. your food is made in the back. these guys deal with a lot of drunk high school and college kids on a regular basis that are [censored] brats and they get pissed. to think they don't spit in kids food occasionally is naive. its just reality that sometimes there is the chance of this happening.

as far as the meat goes, if you don't believe the meat at chipotle is generally of better quality than what you find at these places then youre either crazy or stupid. now, this isn't to say the meat tastes better because this isn't the case. however, chipotle meat has never been too bad on the way out the next day. if you haven't had some SERIOUS battles with traditional mexican the next day (going out either way) then once again you are not eating at the same type of places that i am.

now, does this mean that chipotle is better? no, obviously not. as i said in my first post it is easy and low risk so i go there occasionally. when im not feeling in tip-top shape the last thing i want to do the next day is deal with extreme heartburn and a massive case of the shits.

make sense?
Old 11-28-2005, 09:15 PM

ok, i went again today. another problem is the size of the burritos. they are too massive.. it's almost a joke how big they are. it's like eating a football. i thought i got a bad wrap job the first day but today it was the same thing. awkward and falling apart, how bad.

adios, chipotle.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, i went again today. another problem is the size of the burritos. they are too massive.. it's almost a joke how big they are. it's like eating a football. i thought i got a bad wrap job the first day but today it was the same thing. awkward and falling apart, how bad.

adios, chipotle.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa, no holla back for chipotle! holla!
Old 11-28-2005, 09:35 PM

leaving the foil on and unwrapping as you eat makes them more manageable, although somewhat retarded.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
leaving the foil on and unwrapping as you eat makes them more manageable, although somewhat retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

what? how is it retarded? as far as i'm concerned leaving the foil on and unwrapping as you go is STANDARD. that [censored] still fell apart.. i mean i had to unwrap a few inches so i don't eat foil. also, when i got down to the stub it was in terrible shape.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:54 PM

You forgot to mention the complete dearth of toppings.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:57 PM

daryn, i completley agree. in downtown sf we have both a chipotle and several more authentic burrito shops. we never go to chipotle b/c it does not compare to most places. however, in more surburban places like northern va (where i am from) there are fewer such authentic choices, so chipotle is the standard choice.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:07 AM

Chipotle is decent. If you ever get to visit Texas, this place is far superior.

Old 11-30-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chipotle is decent. If you ever get to visit Texas, this place is far superior.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-30-2005, 03:43 PM

wes and Aces,

I live in Texas, and I wholeheartedly disagree. While the variety of tortillas (especially cayenne) at Freebirds is refreshing, the overall quality of the meat combined with the absence of carnitas and barbacoa make Freebirds vastly inferior to Chipotle IMO.

Claunchy