Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Best video ever?
No 21 91.30%
Yes 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: SSNL Tourney Structure

Stars has deep stacked tourneys with 5000 starting chips and 30 minute levels (same blind structure as their regular MTTs). It would be sweet if we could get them to make us a private tourney with the same structure.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when do u think you will have decided when the tourney is by?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the first week of January since a lot of people will be traveling for the holidays. I will be out from Dec 23-Jan 1, so if anyone to organize one during that time I think all you need to do is contact Stars customer support and ask some questions. Just post the start on the site and go.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stars has deep stacked tourneys with 5000 starting chips and 30 minute levels (same blind structure as their regular MTTs). It would be sweet if we could get them to make us a private tourney with the same structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that would take forever to play. Those tourneys take all day to play. And even if we have a small contingent of SSNL'ers, you're still talking about 5-6? hours maybe. That's too long IMO.

1500 and 15 minute levels gets my vote. That will still take a few hours probably.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:14 PM

I agree. A deep stack tourney would take a very long time to complete and I think a lot of people would not participate for that reason, including myself. 1500 chips 15 minute level also gets my vote. Espcially if you are talking about doing this on a weeknight, many of us work which would make a deep stack tourney nearly impossible.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And that would take forever to play. Those tourneys take all day to play. And even if we have a small contingent of SSNL'ers, you're still talking about 5-6? hours maybe. That's too long IMO.

1500 and 15 minute levels gets my vote. That will still take a few hours probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

For 600 people, it took about 12 hours. I don't think it will take 6 hours for 30-50 people, but I'm not sure.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:36 PM

bump for night crew
Old 12-20-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or you could all save yourselves 4 hours and transfer your entry $ directly to me...

<font color="white">i kid!</font>
Old 12-20-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I like the idea of only us 2p2ers joining, whether by a name list or a password option. As for stacksizes, deep is a must.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:00 PM

I think that a HU tourney would be best. On Ubet, you can invite people to HU matches. If you wanted to, you cacn set up a bracket online.

I would really only support a MTT if it was deepstacked.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that a HU tourney would be best. On Ubet, you can invite people to HU matches. If you wanted to, you cacn set up a bracket online.

I would really only support a MTT if it was deepstacked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would much rather we had a deepstacked MTT tourney than a HU tournies. MTT tournies are fun where as HU tourines are just who can gets stuck with a 2nd best hand first.