Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many hours per week?
60+ 6 5.08%
50-59 3 2.54%
40-49 4 3.39%
30-39 31 26.27%
Less than or 29 74 62.71%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: How much do you trust your reads?

[ QUOTE ]
My read is your beat, fold. Don't bluff a guy this weak and stupid. Your read suggests he plays scared and likes to try for a C/R on the river, it doesn't say whether he folds a hand on the river he's bet near to the pot on. He bet the flop, checked the Ace and now bets again on the river when the Q hits. He plays weakly yet bet with a high pair on board and an ace out , so I don't think he's playing with you. If he's tried to C/R this table twice on the end and missed maybe he's just given up on that plan.

Oh, I'm still a pansy though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Note: (what difference does a 7 kicker make if it doesn't play here?)

[/ QUOTE ]

He did not go for a check raise previously. He checked-behind top pair on non-straight, non-flush board.

Results: Since my kicker did not matter, i figured I was splitting the pot and called. He flipped over 55. Looking back, I know I played it wrong, but in the moment I was certain he had a weak hand.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My read is your beat, fold. Don't bluff a guy this weak and stupid. Your read suggests he plays scared and likes to try for a C/R on the river, it doesn't say whether he folds a hand on the river he's bet near to the pot on. He bet the flop, checked the Ace and now bets again on the river when the Q hits. He plays weakly yet bet with a high pair on board and an ace out , so I don't think he's playing with you. If he's tried to C/R this table twice on the end and missed maybe he's just given up on that plan.

Oh, I'm still a pansy though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Note: (what difference does a 7 kicker make if it doesn't play here?)

[/ QUOTE ]

He did not go for a check raise previously. He checked-behind top pair on non-straight, non-flush board.

Results: Since my kicker did not matter, i figured I was splitting the pot and called. He flipped over 55. Looking back, I know I played it wrong, but in the moment I was certain he had a weak hand.

Thanks for the replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling a pot size bet praying to split is a terrible play. Don't do it.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:03 PM

I bet half-pot on the turn to discourage a river bluff that I probably shouldn't be calling unless an A hits.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:05 PM

Not in a million years. What besides the fact that he bet makes you think that you're behind? If I'm in SB I'm betting any hand tht made a pair on this flop and I'm sure you would too.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not in a million years. What besides the fact that he bet makes you think that you're behind? If I'm in SB I'm betting any hand tht made a pair on this flop and I'm sure you would too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither your stats nor my stats are 55/0/1.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:07 PM

Bet $9 on the turn when he checks.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:23 PM

This is a blind battle with a loose SB who is completing just about everything. Top pair regardless of kicker is way ahead of SB's range. The 1 aggression factor is actually very large, considering he plays so many hands.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:26 AM

For some reason I had thought there was a limper in there somewhere. Folding the flop HU is of course horrible.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:35 AM

I agree bet turn by checking you are giving him a pass to bluff you out on river. Of course you snapped it off but still it was a very tough position to be in.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree bet turn by checking you are giving him a pass to bluff you out on river. Of course you snapped it off but still it was a very tough position to be in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that was precisely what I wanted him to do. Remember he has checked with monsters (one time checked behind) so if he has a monster he is highly unlikely to bet. He is tricky and wants me to hang myself. If I bet he folds. I was 80% sure I had him beat, so the only way I'm making any money here is by being passive.

The reason I posted this (other than to brag [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) is that sometimes (very infrequently for me) when you have a strong read you can play a hand perfectly even if it means being totally unconventional and against your normal standards/table image.