Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 01:37 AM

Default JJJ vs. Passive-Agressive and a Tricky Lag

TLAG is a tricky lag pain in the neck... impossible to read. (38/14/2.0)

PA is a passive-agressive solid player who doesn't raise much, but is winning over 200 hands (34/2.5/.5).

Comments on all streets appreciated. I was pretty sure i knew what they were both holding on the river...

Absolute Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO (TLAG) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (PA) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, CO (TLAG) calls, SB (PA) calls.

Flop: (17 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
PA checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, TLAG calls, PA calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
PA checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">TLAG raises</font>, PA calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">TLAG caps</font>, PA calls, Hero calls.

River: (23.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
PA checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">TLAG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">PA 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">TLAG caps</font>, PA calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 35.50 BB
Old 08-08-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Re: JJJ vs. Passive-Agressive and a Tricky Lag

I cap the river.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:52 AM

I don't cap the river, I think you are throwing away money. A10, A6 both just bigger boated you and will laugh and take your extra bets. I am calling the river.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:52 AM

Default hrmm...

i really wanted to... but the insane turn play combined with cold-calling preflop gave me a read (that i ignored).

what hands are you putting them on?
Old 08-08-2005, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what hands are you putting them on?

[/ QUOTE ]

TLAG looks a lot like TT or 66. PA AK, AQ, ATs
Old 08-08-2005, 04:12 AM

do you make both calls on the river?

after i bet it, the lag raised and then a passive-aggressive reraised... it seems my first call was probably questionable.

after the lag capped it and the passive-agressive called... you make that 2nd call?
Old 08-08-2005, 04:33 PM

funny thing happened. they have the same hand!
Old 08-08-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you make both calls on the river?

after i bet it, the lag raised and then a passive-aggressive reraised... it seems my first call was probably questionable.

after the lag capped it and the passive-agressive called... you make that 2nd call?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we need to show this down. I'm not sure when we need to slowdown though. I'd probably check-call the river because it looks like the LAG (who's not that aggressive, based on his stats) might have just boated up two pair.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:02 PM

Hi,

Your ignoring KQ which the PA(really LP) wanted to not cap on the turn afraid to lose you.

The river action makes me want to vomit, But its 2/4 so you have to spend the 4BB to show it down.

At higher limits showing the underfull down on this board given this lineup is iffy given the LAG won't have a full house that often but is going to continue to raise, and the PA/LP will have a full house. Luckly the pot is HUGE so its a bigger mistake to fold then to call it down, but its rare a PA/LP is pumping the underfull here.

Later,
MarkV.