Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Who FOLDS?

No reads.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
Old 07-27-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Who FOLDS?

I guess against an unknown you have to call, for a read if nothing else, but it looks like you're splitting at best.I think these usually mean he "slowplayed" his Q.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:03 PM

Just a thought, but what do we think about checking the turn through? SB's flop call can be a few hands: KT, 9T, any Q, any J, mid/low PP (unlikely).

When the K hits on the turn, you're now behind 9T and chopping with KT who's freerolling the straight. A low pocket pair isn't calling another bet on that scare turn, and a Q is going to c/r you. Essentially we're getting value from a lower J and that's about it.

Checking this turn and calling any river bet UI is sounding pretty good right now.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:07 PM

Hi,

SB's call on the flop could very well be a Q or a draw. Your likely to get check-raised on this turn regardless of either, so checking it through is the best idea unless you know SB very well.

I make sure 1 bet goes in on the river and I call a check-raise unless SB is ultra loose passive or tight and tricky. When you check the turn you are saying I have a king or a jack. A good player may check his Q on the river knowing your likely to bet the river and CR you to make up the missed turn bet.

Given the river, I fold. He's not afraid of this board. he's going to have a Ten or a Queen.

Later,
MarkV.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Essentially we're getting value from a lower J and that's about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lower J has the same hand as us, QQJJK. If we can't fold to a check-raise then I'm definitely checking through the turn and calling/betting the river.

EDIT: I am officially a retard.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:11 PM

I dunno if I like checking the turn through bevcause there are a lot of draws who would call. Yea, they might bet the river if they miss which offsets this value loss a bit.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:12 PM

A lower j does not have the same hand as us.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A lower j does not have the same hand as us.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops wtf. No more posting for me tonight, and I'm certainly not playing.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Essentially we're getting value from a lower J and that's about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lower J has the same hand as us, QQJJK. If we can't fold to a check-raise then I'm definitely checking through the turn and calling/betting the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

if by lower J you mean one with the K kicker, yes. then its the same hand.

the river brought a lot of semibluffs home, so its hard to imagine what you beat here. but its also easier to say fold than to actually do it.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:19 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

you're playing for half the pot on the river. I fold