Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Misplayed TT

Hi,
Wanted to thank everyone for the great advice. I realize that I still have a lot to learn. Actually if I was *really* paying attention(it was around 3:00am i think, I should stop playing at these times when i'm pretty tired) I would have realized that the 2 on the turn actually helped me(if UTG had 2 pair 67). Should have called down.

Also plan to equip myself better. Already have Pokertracker and somebody mentioned Playerview.

Thanks again.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:38 PM

Hi,

There were two EP limpers, which is why there is a good chance our three bettor's outs may be dead and lowering the chances he has a big over pair.

Raising the flop after not capping preflop seems to conflict with not capping. If we were so sure we were burried to his 3bet why are we all of a sudden raising with only two outs and then calling yet another 3 bet?

And then crunches advice to Raise the turn when he's so afraid to being dominated by an over pair conflicts with the preflop advice of not capping and not capping the flop.

You two's advice is all over the place. TT is to weak to cap with, but its strong enough to raise into the preflop 3 bettor AND THEN CALL a 3 bet And spend 2 more BB calling it down. That is a waste of 3.5BB in which you two are so positive TT is behind you don't want to cap preflop.

The OP played the hand better then you two in that he actually put him on a range of hands and stuck with it and folded the turn unimproved as he should have done if his hand isn't strong enough to cap.

Later,
MarkV.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:56 PM

From last night from a 38/1.4 player over the course of about 100 hands.

This is just the one I can think of right off the top of my head. I could find *several* of these nonsense 3 bets from loose passive players over the span of any 1000 hands.

This is PP hand # 2393351856 since obviously nothing I say is true or from 2 years of playing HE on party.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop:
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (13.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (15.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB
Old 07-20-2005, 05:37 PM

This is a limp-reraise - much different than what we were looking at in this hand. Is the 1.4 PFR% or AF?
Old 07-20-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You two's advice is all over the place.

[/ QUOTE ]
No. Your misinterpretations of what I'm saying and false representations/reiterations of what I've posted are all over the place.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:32 PM

Hi,

Thats VPIP of 38 PFR of 1.3. So he's your text book case for loose passive preflop 2/4 player.

We were discussing whacky inappropriate 3 bets with weak hands by loose passive 2/4 players where its obvious they are either slightly ahead/behind or a big dog.

They are not as predictable and passive as everyone thinks, thus TT is usually leaving money on the table, because all you have to do is add in one extra unpaired overcard to their 3 betting standards or that odd 1:10 time they just get jiggy with it and your ahead more then your behind.

I find quiet a few hands where these guys get out of line.

Later,
MarkV.