Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Hand 2 check-raise

Hi,

My VPIP is 20% and my WTSD is a miserly 33%. I do a LOT of folding. If I thought he had a 4 I'd have check/folded the turn.

As to the TT thread, where you reply to me that raising the turn is wrong and then reply to someone else raising the turn is a good play.

If you read carefully you will notice, You misread my response, its still consistent with my point that a 3 betters hand range isn't AA-JJ/AK/AQ like you are argueing.

Later,
MarkV.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:29 PM

Hi,

Thats my point. Its *not* standard. Its so not standard its worth betting money on.

Later,
MarkV.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:04 PM

Default results

nm, I'm a retard.... The results got lost.

Hand 1: Checked around and MHIG. Every over card other then a Jack was out. SB is probably kicking himself. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Hand 2: I bet the river and everyone called. MP3's payed off CO's and my aces up with Kings. I'm torn if I applied to much pressure to MP3 or if I applied just the right amount since it seems nobody folds anymore.

Later,
MarkV.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: When to Value bet when to not Value bet?

[ QUOTE ]
In the A8 hand you posted about on a 875 two flush board, his only outs if behind are runner runner FH or a split pot. If somehow he'd had 89 or A8 with a backdoor flush I think he should continue on rather then fold as he has redraws on a lot of the bad turn cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

TPTK with an ace overcard is a lot stronger than TP ten kicker with a backdoor one-card straight draw. And comparing a backdoor one card straight draw to a gutshot draw is silly.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:48 PM

Mark,

No offense but if you're not going to listen to the advice of so many posters who for the most part all play fairly well then why bother posting? You're being ridiculously results oriented in your thinking on both hands and you would be better off forgetting the results and realizing your mistakes.

Also, to say that no 2/4 players raise this flop with a 4 is a bit ridiculous. There are thousands of 2/4 players and although most aren't that good at poker many will raise trips on the flop.

Chief
Old 07-20-2005, 08:06 PM

Default Re: When to Value bet when to not Value bet?

bad turn raise in hand two.