Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: tennis proposition bet against a tennis pro

[ QUOTE ]
are they better than a former male tennis pro.

b/c in practice i have beaten him in a full 6 game set without him spotting me a game. i think you guys might be underestimating me a little. i am not saying i am going to win but it will be closer than yall think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you are overrepresenting him or underrepresenting yourself. And since he made it past the first round of the Aussie open then you must be seriously underrepresenting yourself.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If we're talking penalties then anybody that played high school or higher soccer should be able to score over half the time against a world class keeper.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are high schools with soccer teams? What is a keeper? Is that a goalie?

[/ QUOTE ]

I amuse myself daily trying to figure out which questions show serious confusion and which are asked jokingly. I often think you're serious [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2005, 01:52 PM

Which tdarko will be playing?

This one...

...looks about 30 pounds heavier than this one...

Old 09-08-2005, 01:53 PM

I also let my wife beat me in pool occassionally.

(I'm just sayin...)

Dude, if you are so sure this isn't a bad bet for you take. But I'd scale down the wager some. You're gonna get his A game.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If we're talking penalties then anybody that played high school or higher soccer should be able to score over half the time against a world class keeper.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I amuse myself daily trying to figure out which questions show serious confusion and which are asked jokingly. I often think you're serious [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we alking about the U.S.? I've seriously never heard of high school soccer. I thought kids stopped playing this by the time they were like 9 or so and move on to real sports? And yes, I was serious about the other part.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are we alking about the U.S.? I've seriously never heard of high school soccer. I thought kids stopped playing this by the time they were like 9 or so and move on to real sports? And yes, I was serious about the other part.

[/ QUOTE ]

All high schools have a soccer team. There is NCAA Div 1, 2, and 3 soccer. We have semi-pro leagues. The US even has a PROFESSIONAL SOCCER LEAGUE!!! were you aware of that?
Old 09-08-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought kids stopped playing this by the time they were like 9 or so and move on to real sports? And yes, I was serious about the other part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aw, [censored]. Here we go.... <font color="white">awesome Jake, just awesome. </font>
Old 09-08-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are professional ping pong players?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. And they are good. Good being the understatement of the century. I saw a video of two chinese guys playing and it was absolutely mind blowing. Both that someone would spend that much time playing ping pong, and their ability.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was a reasonably well sectionally ranked player in high school, and if you give me a month to brush up on my game, I would take this bet with those terms against you.

There are a few million tennis players out there, and your friend was likely once one of the best 100 or so of them. He's a great player. If you've played with him before, he's probably given you no inclination whatsoever of how good he really is.

[/ QUOTE ]
trust me i grew up with him and have known him since i was 5. i have held a tennis racket since he has held one. the first time he hit a tennis ball was the first time i hit one. we both played tennis and baseball growing up, and he was a great baseball player too...i just decided to go with baseball and he went with tennis. this is just a friendly welcome home bet (i just got home from my season) between to long time friends is all.

so you know, i know how good he is. he is unbelievable and i have all the respect in the world of him, this is why i want a set and a game in every set.

i played yesterday (there is a country club in my neighborhood) and my serve was topping out at 102, thats not going to get it done against him but i was hitting my shots deep and not really missing. i know if i can change up my looks on him then i can at least hang in there.

you are tennis guy. what do you think about swithching from volley to ground...i have a nice drop shot and this can set that up well?
Old 09-08-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, yes, talkin bout the U.S. Plenty schools have soccer (i would say most), and you are correct, keeper=goalie. Out of curiosity, what are real sports?