Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Tale of Two AA

Back to back hands at the table. Hero represents the players with AA, not necessarily me. How would you play these? Would you play them differently?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (15 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero ...

The very next hand:
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (15 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ...</font>
Old 07-01-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Tale of Two AA

i would bet the flop on both of these. You almost certainly ahead here and c/r is not a good option as the PF raiser. betting is the best way to get money in the pot here.

I'm a little confused as to the two hands in a row but hero != me thing. It doesn't look like this is true, as hero is SB in hand 1 and 3 positions later in hand 2. It's almost like you're asking something extra here, only I don't know what.

There are certainly things different between the two hands that might necessitate differing play on later streets, but for now I think betting is the way to go.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a little confused as to the two hands in a row but hero != me thing. It doesn't look like this is true, as hero is SB in hand 1 and 3 positions later in hand 2. It's almost like you're asking something extra here, only I don't know what.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just specifying that I wasn't necessarily the hero in either of these hands. The Hero in each hand is a different player. AA hands came up on the table I was at back-to-back, the flops were similar, but, without giving much away, the outcomes were different. So I'm curious what strategies people would apply to these hands.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:37 PM

Yeah, bet both flops.

The kings hand is easy to get away from if raised, and I'd be very wary of a call, too. (assuming your opponents are reasonable)

The jacks is a harder decision if you're played back at or called in many spots, but you should still bet.

-Grendel
Old 07-01-2005, 08:37 PM

Both of these hands are textbook WA/WB hands. I'd bet each flop, call a raise, and check/call down.