Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 10:07 AM

Default comments welcome on my progress so far

I have been lurking here for awhile, but this is my first post. I play at paradise .50/1.00 and am wondering if my sample size is too small (it probably is) for any real predictions or assumptions about my play. I use pokerstat 2 to track and here are my results:
Total hands 13,399
Total won/lost: +$388.69 (510.39 BB)
Average per hand: +$0.0290 (+0.038092 BB)

Win Rate:
+$1.4547/hour (+1.9102 BB/hour)
Standard Deviation:
$9.4607/hour (11.7987 BB)
Total rake paid: $198.42

I want to move up to 1/2 and feel confident, but I would really appreciate some input from others. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:12 AM

Default Re: comments welcome on my progress so far

Are you rolled for 1/2? Time to move up. If we all waited until we were statistically confident we were beating a game at 3bb/100 then the big game Party would spread would be 2/4.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:14 AM

What imput can we give you? Based on what you wrote you're a winning player thus far. But we cannot make any assumptions on that alone. I am unfamiliar with pokerstat2. Does it have stats like VP$IP, preflop raise%, aggro factors, W$ASD etc. These are stats where you can identify leaks, but to be honest even that won't be enough. You want help to find out where you're at? Start responding to hands with what YOU would do without looking at what the others say. If you find that you're constantly wrong or that you don't understand a lot of stuff then maybe it's time to stop lurking and start rolling your sleeves up, sticking your neck out and getting your hands dirty.

Oh, and welcome to the boards.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:18 AM

13k is kinda small i reckon, but if you feel confidant and know the game well and have the skills to beat 1/2(its a big step i understand).

Then sure give it go, Dabble in it... see how it goes. Can always drop back!

Good luck,
P.s. paradise .50/1 is CRAZZYYYYY
Old 10-08-2005, 10:28 AM

By the way, BB/100 hands is generally the stat people look at, not BB/hour. BB/hour is not meaningful at all since the number of hands played per hour could be very different depending on the situation.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:38 AM

Yeah pokerstat has vpip:
Folded preflop/preflops played: 72.71% (9,743/13,399)

Did not fold preflop: 27.29% (3,656/13,399)
Voluntarily put money in preflop: 19.71% (2,641/13,399)
Went to showdown after seeing flop: 29.72% (1,065/3,584)

Paradise is full of loosies and I play too tight sometimes and want to improve my game when I'm playing against LAG's. My normal strategy is just to let them be the aggressor and bet my hands for me. I know that I'm not getting all the value from some of my better hands, but I'm working on that.

I'm really not bankrolled for 1/2 (proper play anyway instead of playing too tight), but I started at .50/1.00 with only $30.
I know the "did not fold preflop" number is kinda high, but it took a lot of hands for me to learn to tighten up and it was at 29%.
I like to think I am always learning. I own poker academy pro, turbo texas hold em computer sims and have played countless hands on them and I am also very well read (many poker books digested many times) but I beat myself up too much when I lose. I know I gotta get over that. Anyhow, thanks for the input guys and I love the info shared at this site.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:04 AM

does pokerstat work with PokerAce?

I'd buy PT and play another 10K(Well enough so you can move up to 1/2 when your comfortable).

post hands/read them here. Then move up with $100 cushion incase you get whopped.

Go to party if you got $500 though and get a nice bonus and acess to beginner tables [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2005, 11:40 AM

You will tear 1/2 a new one.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:56 AM

I think the players are a lot better on 1/2 than on 0.5/1 but if thats your true winrate you would destroy 1/2; because it aint that hard.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]