Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Slow Rollers

Playing in a $100 buy in, 1-2 ring game. 8 players, all of whom were pretty decent. However, 2 of the players had the habit of slow rolling their hands. It was very irritating and I told them so. A few of the other players agreed and even added a few derogatory comments about it. But that didn't stop these two yahoos. Whenever the opportunity presented itself, they would slow roll their winning hand. The player to my left had finally had enough. He was the dealer and the hand came down to heads up between myself and one of these guys. He called my bet and I turned up two pair, Queens & Jacks. He had pocket Qs and a Q on the board gave him trips. True to form, he rolled over one card and sat there with a smirk on his face. Unfortunately for him, his down card was not protected. The dealer tossed the remaining deck on top of his unturned Q, declared it a mucked card and I won the pot. As one can imagine, the player protested loudly. The dealer acted apologetic (which he wasn't) and stated that since he had only turned over one card he thought that he intenionally mucked. The other players gladly sided with the dealer. Thoughts?