Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: WSOP 2+2 MTT Tracking Thread

It would be somewhat ironic and funny if the entire crew of Gavin's backers, who have more or less given up on him at this point, suddenyl find their prize horse up near the chip leaders in the late stages of the tournament.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be somewhat ironic and funny if the entire crew of Gavin's backers, who have more or less given up on him at this point, suddenyl find their prize horse up near the chip leaders in the late stages of the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

people confident in his ability also are confident that he can own face in one tourney. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be a d-bag, this is a ridiculous statement. I can think of one thread that someone started, but I'm pretty sure the rest of us didn't "give up" on him.

The fact is, backing anyone over the course of a series of tournaments with that kind of variance is a risk.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:30 PM

Nolan,

Not to disagree (Which is followed of course by disagreeing), but I can think of a number of "Gavin is out already???" threads that certienly sounded like giving up. =)

That said, GO GAVIN~

Nick
Old 07-10-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nolan,

Not to disagree (Which is followed of course by disagreeing), but I can think of a number of "Gavin is out already???" threads that certienly sounded like giving up. =)

That said, GO GAVIN~

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, well, I may have missed a few of those. I guess it's just that I didn't start any of them. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2005, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be a d-bag, this is a ridiculous statement. I can think of one thread that someone started, but I'm pretty sure the rest of us didn't "give up" on him.

The fact is, backing anyone over the course of a series of tournaments with that kind of variance is a risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never gave up on him either, I just considered the money spent and gone from Day 1 - to me it was the same approach I take to betting on sports - I spend money to bet a game, and it money either comes back, or it doesn't. Considering the amazing run he was on leading up to this and his past live tourney results, those of us who took a share must have had a reason to believe our investment was pretty sound -- If Gavin happens to make the final table, I'll see the rest of you Vegas residents when I fly out to collect my $ - if not, fugg it, I'm getting married next month and I'm sure the $900 will come back from inside a few Hallmark cards.

P.S. I borrowed the $900 from my girl, so I'm 'freerolling' this whole thing.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I never gave up on him either, I just considered the money spent and gone from Day 1 - to me it was the same approach I take to betting on sports - I spend money to bet a game, and it money either comes back, or it doesn't. Considering the amazing run he was on leading up to this and his past live tourney results, those of us who took a share must have had a reason to believe our investment was pretty sound -- If Gavin happens to make the final table, I'll see the rest of you Vegas residents when I fly out to collect my $ - if not, fugg it, I'm getting married next month and I'm sure the $900 will come back from inside a few Hallmark cards.

P.S. I borrowed the $900 from my girl, so I'm 'freerolling' this whole thing.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Righto - I considered my money gone when I sent it. Regardless of results, though, this has made following the WSOP much more fun than usual.

My $1800 came from a quarterly bonus at work, so it's not quite freerolling, but it wasn't money that I count on.

Enough of that, though. GO GAVIN! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2005, 06:59 PM

pokertrails has him at 160k, WOOHOO!

good luck to all of the other 2+2'ers as well still in
Old 07-10-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pokertrails has him at 160k, WOOHOO!

good luck to all of the other 2+2'ers as well still in

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does it say this there?