Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Deep Stacks

Ugh.

I think I'd want to bet more like 800 and fold to a push so that the chances of me being bluffed off the pot or value raised by a worse hand is lessened.

I also think that maybe I shouldn't be folding these in a smallish buy in online mtt.

top two pair is tha nutz,
-Jason
Old 10-05-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh.

I think I'd want to bet more like 800 and fold to a push so that the chances of me being bluffed off the pot or value raised by a worse hand is lessened.

I also think that maybe I shouldn't be folding these in a smallish buy in online mtt.

top two pair is tha nutz,
-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

You have only 1880 chips left at this point, I'd be very wary before putting in almost half of those chips with top two pair in a giant pot with the idea of folding to a raise in a $33 buyin online.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:16 PM

I would bet something on the river....with the intention of calling any raises. I'm not confident enough that my opponent won't raise the river with some 2 pair.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:13 PM

Sorry, should have mentioned this was $73+7 Satellite (though far away from the seats; average ITM stack will be t13,500).
Old 10-05-2005, 07:23 PM

sorry, $33 or $77 it doesnt matter so much, the fields are full of random players who will do crazy things and overvalue their hands.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:46 PM

why not check/call river?
Old 10-05-2005, 11:06 PM

I dunno, I just think the chances we have the best hand are extremely good as are the chances our opponent will call a bet.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I just think the chances we have the best hand are extremely good as are the chances our opponent will call a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Opponent has shown strength, I check call cause I think opponent will value bet his hand, and not put us all in w/ AQ or set. If you lose to the set, you have at least some chips left to make a shot at it. If you win, then those X amount of chips are small relative to your stack, and don't make that much of a huge difference in your chances.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Opponent has shown strength, I check call cause I think opponent will value bet his hand, and not put us all in w/ AQ or set. If you lose to the set, you have at least some chips left to make a shot at it. If you win, then those X amount of chips are small relative to your stack, and don't make that much of a huge difference in your chances.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain has shown strength, but I don't know if that makes a set of AQ for previous top two pair that likely. There are a lot of other hands villain can think are strong.

I don't understand this talk of blocking bets and folding to a push. If you are beat, you are beat.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:14 AM

Why the hell should our opponent have a set? We are playing online against morons in a $70 tournament, how often do they have a set just because they min raise the flop (on a board of AQ7) and then bet the turn? Cmon, am I playing different tables than everyone else here?!!!! Also very many of your opponents will slowplay a set on the flop. You cannot be so scared about a set everytime anyone shows the slightest bit of aggression. Just because you would only raise with a set doesn't mean that your opponents have such impeccably tight standards as you.

Don't let the fact that this opponent minraised earlier in the tournament with a set suddenly lead you to assume that a set is the most probably hand that he holds. He probably has exactly 77 or we have him beat.

I am not scared at ALL about losing this hand, if this guy has a better hand than me I'm ready to lose all of my chips, and won't lose any sleep over it, because I think the chances that we are beat are relatively small here and I am scared that my opponent will check behind if I check (possibly with a hand as strong as 2 pair), as the river brought a pretty scary card.