Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2005, 11:32 PM

Default Re: hand vs. Angelina

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do. Why would you not raise that turn card?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because i think that turn donk most likely comes from a made hand that's not folding, I wouldn't be thrilled about getting reraised, because all I have is eight high and diamonds/spades raising here is too transparent? Just listing some arguments, I can definitely see reasons to raise here as well, but don't think it's clear cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, the donk bet screams of a hand that isn't folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, people like to semi-bluff raise/check raise when their hands have a ton of outs like the current hand. These semi-bluffs shouldn't rely on you relative hand strength as much as the fold equity you have based on hand reading. Clearly the more outs you have, the less fold equity you need to make a semi-bluff profitable. But I think Barron is choosing a spot with very little fold equity, just a lot of outs.

I'm not sure if calling the turn and raising if you hit is better than OPs line since it is of course possible that Angelina can release quite a few hands here or maybe the donk bet isn't being read correctly as a strong hand that wants to see showdown.

Krishan