Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 12:01 AM

Default I play bad vol.3

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes___calls

4th Street - (7.50 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (5.25 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (8.25 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

River - (11.25 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

Total pot: (11.25 BB)
Old 09-22-2005, 12:18 AM

Default Re: I play bad vol.3

Betting out on fourth isnt a bad line here. I'm putting the dead eight that cold called on hearts since their all live. The pots big enough that you should try to face him with two bets again here by betting out and hoping the 2 seat can raise again with his (AA)4 or whatever he holds. Since you didnt take that line I dont like your betting out on fifth. I think you're just costing yourself extra bets by betting out on the ace if the 2 seat holds pocket aces or rolled up. You also could get raised by the four seat who might like to pop it with his totally live four flush and overcard, if thats what he has. My point is someone is betting fifth and its unlikley anyone is folding. The person betting should not be you here, especially since the 2 caught your queen and there was a dead ace on third.

Mike Emery
Old 09-22-2005, 12:18 AM

I don't understand your check on third unless you're trying to set up a check raise, which you did not do. Perhaps the best way that i can help you here is to ask you what were you trying to accomplish on 4th and is your goal sound? Had you bet here and everyone called, you might have been able to take it down on 5th when you got the ace and then bet.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:54 AM

did jacks and queens take it down? That is (JJ)4 is a sound possibility since often people raise the completion when their opponent is representing the hand that they have. This makes a bet on 4th pretty important.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:47 AM

I can see checking 4th with the intention of betting out on 5th if seat 4 bricks again . The reason is that, having already cold called two bets on 3rd, he will often cold call again. Of course you could still bet again on 5th, but seat 2 will often back off and just call, giving seat 4 a chance to chase with a three-flush and a small pair or even just the three-flush in what has become a sizable pot.
If you think seat 4 will fold for two bets you should bet on 4th of course. But keeping the pot small with semi-dead queens and forcing him to call two double sized bets on 5th is often the better line in my opinion.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:57 AM

Bet 4th yourself. 5th is fine. 6th I may laydown, but you're getting good odds. Problem is you can easily hit and lose, The 4 has played it like a big buried pair, the middle guy prob has kings...you're definitely behind now and there are lots of ways to hit and lose.

Jeff
Old 09-22-2005, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So your opponent made kings up and they were good?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I actually won [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2005, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Problem is you can easily hit and lose, The 4 has played it like a big buried pair, the middle guy prob has kings...you're definitely behind now and there are lots of ways to hit and lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hit two pair or hit my flush draw? I see why 2 pair would easily lose but not the flush draw.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:29 AM

No player reads?

I might try and check raise 5th. One thing you have to keep in mind when a player makes it two bets on 3rd is if he's the type of player to do this with 4A4. If the flush draw bets, you can get it heads up with him. This would be advantageous for obvious reasons.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:46 AM

Didn't even see it my friend...was drugged up on cold medicine huge when I responded.

Jeff