Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Fold QQ here?

As often as donks have tricked me with huge overbets like this, I still am not good enough to lay this down. In my life, villain turns over 7-5. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-Gross
Old 11-26-2005, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero goes into his timebank and eventually just shakes his head and folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough play. Whether or not to risk 70% of your stack for the 15% invested in the pot. I gotta admit, I probably have a hard time laying this down unless the player is a complete unknown to me. This hand could very easily be Eights, Nines, Tens or Jacks, or even Sixes. At the same time it is very unlikely to be a hand to which you could be drawing to few or no outs. These tourneys are wild, especially early like this. With no other information, I personally like my chances with the Queens here.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:25 AM

Seems like a weaker PP than queens simply protecting his hand, if you ask me. If you are confident you can make do after folding, I would fold. Seems like a close one, but I would call early in a tournament that it is actually a smaller PP or a semi-bluff.
Mike
Old 11-26-2005, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hero goes into his timebank and eventually just shakes his head and folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough play. Whether or not to risk 70% of your stack for the 15% invested in the pot. I gotta admit, I probably have a hard time laying this down unless the player is a complete unknown to me. This hand could very easily be Eights, Nines, Tens or Jacks, or even Sixes. At the same time it is very unlikely to be a hand to which you could be drawing to few or no outs. These tourneys are wild, especially early like this. With no other information, I personally like my chances with the Queens here.

[/ QUOTE ]

My words ( not exactly ), but better worded. I completely agree.
Mike
Old 11-26-2005, 04:36 AM

I think you will double through enough against this random player just enough that it will be +EV. If he flips over a 7, then that's how it goes, i agree that "playing fast with a monster is the new slowplay." (i've had that happen to me in similar situations). But, a lot (and enough of the time) of the time they flip over a flush or straight draw ( or a smaller PP), like i said enough of the time you get comfortable in chip stack in some of these tournaments.

Mike