Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 03:44 PM

Default TP gets SnG\'d - 6max

This hand was from the last session review, and we think there's an interesting decision on the turn. Didn't have that many hands with villain at the time, but he was loose/passive preflop. He hadn't done much notable postflop.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP folds, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="blue"> Hero ? </font>
Old 11-19-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: TP gets SnG\'d - 6max

I'm leaning towards a call. I can't seeing raising with 3 diamonds on the board as well as a possible str8. I would call here and call a non-diamond river as well.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:06 PM

just call him down. this really looks like a nut flush draw pumping the flop, and yeah even bad players eventually figure out to check raise spots like that.

so he checks, you bet, call, call, he raises, but you 3-bet and fold the other two guys out so he just calls.

then leads a turn [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. other possible hands are any other Qs, but more likely those with diamond kickers.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:09 PM

I would try this with a flush draw. I think you did a nice job pretecting your hand and just got out drawn.

What would I do in this situation? call down and hate myself for doing it.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What would I do in this situation? call down and hate myself for doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

How odd. I call down and enjoy it.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:53 PM

This is an intersting hand and I'm a little surprised by the responses here.

The only hand he could have that I'd want to call down with would be A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q. If he has a flush or even QJ, folding is best; and if he's on a draw (this is admittadly very unlikely) a raise would work best. Are we calling down for information purposes?
Old 11-19-2005, 08:29 PM

that was my thought as well. If villain has a pair and a single diamond, then the best move here is clearly to raise and punish his draw.

when he just called the flop threebet after a checkraise, it stunk of "I just wanted to see if you really hand the queen" The third diamond on the turn may have improved his hand, but not necessarily to a made flush.

If he's still drawing, we have to punish him now, before the river card. If he's got us beat, we can find a fold here as well.

This hand is not WA/WB IMO. Its narrowlead ahead most of the time and unrecoverably behind the rest.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:57 PM

what was the turn action?
Old 11-19-2005, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what was the turn action?

[/ QUOTE ]

Action afterwards was not too exciting.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP folds, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
Old 11-19-2005, 09:51 PM

passive player calls a pf raise and bets out on turn - likely top two pair or better. i'd probably fold to the turn bet. if you *really* think aces and queens will be the best hand you do have odds to call down.