Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 04:34 AM

Default Folding KK on the turn

I'm thinking about this decision purely based upon the flop action.

EDIT to say that both of these players are pretty bad. UTG here plays too many hands but his aggression was fairly normal. I don't remember much else about them cuz I just pulled this from PT.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero should probably fold now, right?

Good/Bad/issckm?
Old 12-11-2005, 04:36 AM

Default Re: Folding KK on the turn

Nah, I don't think so. UTG looks like he could have some sort of pocket pair or a jack, and who knows what SB has. If SB check-raises then you can drop it fairly easily.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:37 AM

The donk SB called 2.5 SB cold PF. I'm calling this down HU, and betting the river if checked to.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:50 AM

I'm not at all concerned with SB, it was UTG that I didn't like.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not at all concerned with SB, it was UTG that I didn't like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh I see. Looks like he has the whole slowplay the flop, get them on the turn thing going. Pot is really big by now, and this sometimes makes opponents play stupid, but I'm doomed to call down at this point.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:16 AM

i dont think it's time to fold. I'm inclined to 3-bet the flop here, i don't make SB for an ace here (without any read i'd say an SB would slowplay an ace here versus your PFR). UTG is a concern as they did raise PF, and cold called the flop raise.

Then led the turn...i think i'd call the turn, fold if SB c/rs again (if SB did that and UTG had an ace, you'd be 3bet out of the pot anyway), and call a single river bet to take notes.

UTG is definitely the scare player, but we can't assume we're behind just yet.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:26 AM

Thanks for the input. I'm paranoid that I'm taking big hands like KK and AA to showdown too often in the face of aggression.

I called the flop intending to raise the turn (which I did). I agree that I should 3bet the flop here, but what do I do if I get blasted on latter streets? There's got to be a point where I can give this up in the face of aggression, no?