Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 02:01 AM

Default mind candy

Article about raising UTG, playing AKo preflop, "making mistakes" according to the Fundamental Theorem of Poker.

http://www.pokerpages.com/articles/archives/caro06.htm

** as a side note, my AKo, after 5888 hands, I've had it dealt to me 53 times. Its won over 50% of the time, averaging 0.72 BB/hand (that last figure seems low)**

Anybody else want to share AKo stats?
Old 10-08-2005, 04:00 AM

Default Re: mind candy

After 27000 I've had AKo 255 times with a win percentage of %51 netting me an average of 0.97BB
Old 10-08-2005, 01:32 PM

raiseing this preflop 95% of the time is +ev, totally. If you read the article above (link) they suggest perhaps limping UTG with AKo to induce worse hands to call. When 7 ppl are cold calling UTG raises with weak hands *****ANYWAYS***** raising is totally +EV. they maybe have odds to chase, but you will still win a large percentage of the time. Anybody have any thoughts regarding raising AKo UTG with 7 very likely cold-callers?
Old 10-08-2005, 01:47 PM

I am going to read your article after I make this post.

For fun, my AKo stats are for 116 times: 60.34% win and 1.02 BB/100. However, I am sure that my sample size is small and that this win rate could easily be much higher or lower through variance.

I think that there has always got to be value in raising AKo UTG regardless of the number of callers. The more callers there are, the less likely it is that your hand will win. However, when you do win against a lot of callers you will win a lot more.

Basically, I think that AKo is going to be even more +EV in the long run against many callers than few callers.