Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Re: ARod saves boy\'s life.

Is Manny worth his?

no, and he would not get paid that if he were on the open market. so he is not 'worth it' same as a-rod.

To most teams, A-Rod would not be worth 252, because they couldn't pay it. But we're talking about the Yanks here. It IS worth it to us, because we can afford it.

does that make kevin brown worth what he is getting paid?

Mussina is making 19 mil per year, and he is going to have a great year.

despite evidence constsntly saying otherwise.

i look forward to the nonsense that comes out of your mouth.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:13 AM

You'd better respect the Moose.

Moose> Wakefield

Moose DEFINITELY > Wells

Moose > Arroyo

and oh yeah, Moose> Miller

And don't rip on Kevin Brown, because you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Look at his ERA+ and era's the past few years. When he's not injured, he's a fantastic pitcher. He was great in 2003, the last year he had where he wasn't injured.

Why do I even bother debating baseball with you? You've said that you would love to debate baseball with someone who knows what they're talking about. I would like the same thing. Unfortunately, I won't get it from you. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2005, 12:20 AM

Did he have on the big white Arbys oven mitt glove on that he used for his cheap shot slap the glove moment?

Old 04-16-2005, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Moose> Wakefield

Moose DEFINITELY > Wells

Moose > Arroyo

and oh yeah, Moose> Miller

[/ QUOTE ]

And all 4 combined make, what? less than Moose?

This is what you do. All the time. People present you with an argument, and then you dodge it by bashing the other poster's organization. It doesn't matter.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:25 AM

Probably the greatest manager ever. Managed the Yankees World Championship teams of 1932, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1941 and 1943. And when he left, guess what team he managed? Lost the playoff to Cleveland in 1948 and then had a one game lead over his former team going into the last two games against that team in 1949.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:36 AM

what does this post have to do with anything?

i give up
Old 04-16-2005, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Manny worth his?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think no one picked up his waivers when the Sox put him up before the '04 season?

[ QUOTE ]
To most teams, A-Rod would not be worth 252, because they couldn't pay it. But we're talking about the Yanks here. It IS worth it to us, because we can afford it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why baseball needs a salary cap. The game shouldn't be about who can sign the most big name players because they have the deepest pockets. It should be about who can tool together the best team on a *LEVEL* playing field, and then let the players and coaches and their talent/skill take over from there.

I really can't say that I see Arod as being worth $252 million dollars for 10 years. Overpaying for something doesn't make it worth it.

As for saving a kid, so what? The kid was going to run out into the street and he stuck his arm out to stop him. Good for him, but it's not that special. I would HOPE that he would do that. It's not like he risked life and limb. He wasn't Superman, standing in the way of a two ton vehicle baring down on the boy huddled in the middle of the street.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:50 AM

pump that [censored] bithces
Old 04-16-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is exactly why baseball needs a salary cap. The game shouldn't be about who can sign the most big name players because they have the deepest pockets. It should be about who can tool together the best team on a *LEVEL* playing field, and then let the players and coaches and their talent/skill take over from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with this is that there's virtually no way to indstitute this fairly without massive revenue sharing and cutting player's salaries.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i don't see how someone can be a fan of two different major league teams at the same time anyway. Why don't you just pick between the Mariners and the Yanks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because baseball is awesome, and if you watch more games than just your team's games each year, you will innately get a rooting interest for certain teams. I'm a die-hard Mets fan, but I'll still root for the Sox against the Yankees when they are on TV, watch the A's everytime their on, and tune in to root for individual players whom I think are exciting. But it's tough for a Yankees fan to understand that since they have half of the exciting players in the AL on their team [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

James,

All Mets fans root for the Sox against the Yankees.