Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2004, 01:43 AM

Default Fox News=CBS?

Fox News ran a video tonight of a man claiming to be a terrorist here in America. The CIA has said that there is no evidence it is real and that it is "just some guy talking." How, exactly, is this different than CBS airing document before they knew they were real? Isn't this what Fox was bashing CBS for? Airing something with no proof of its validity?
Old 10-29-2004, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Fox News=CBS?

[ QUOTE ]
How, exactly, is this different than CBS airing document before they knew they were real? Isn't this what Fox was bashing CBS for? Airing something with no proof of its validity?

[/ QUOTE ]

CBS claimed the documents were real when they were obviously faked.

FoxNews is not claiming the video is real. Fox News is also telling viewers the video still needs to be authenticated.

The difference is CBS decieved its veiwers while Fox is not.

Stu
Old 10-29-2004, 02:20 AM

The media is irresponible to the max, Al Jazerra should have been COMPLETELY CLOSED a hell of a long time ago and then the US media explains how vulnerable we are and the list of stupidity is so long.... it's sickening and embarrassing!

Two words sum it up: Geraldo Rivera

>TW<
Old 10-29-2004, 02:32 AM

I think you're right that showing something about unverified documents and calling them accurate is worse than what Fox did. However, I don't think Fox should be lot off the hook for this shoddy, sensational journalism. Do you think Fox viewers are really going to think, "Hey, this is unverified, who knows what this really is"?? No. Do you think Fox is going to run a piece two weeks later saying, "Well, we still haven't found out if this guy is for real"?? No, they aren't.

This is crappy news, really focused on scaring people and contributing to the culture of fear we've got going plenty strong already.

NT
Old 10-29-2004, 03:19 AM

Didn't ABC also show the footage today?
Old 10-29-2004, 03:26 AM

I don't know. I don't watch that crap you guys call television very often. If they did, same criticism applies.

I just don't see the logic in a self-promoting undercover terrorist. Just can't quite get with it.

NT
Old 10-29-2004, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think Fox viewers are really going to think, "Hey, this is unverified, who knows what this really is"??

[/ QUOTE ]

I think any reasonably intelligent person who read the article would think exactly that.

Stu
Old 10-29-2004, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think Fox viewers are really going to think, "Hey, this is unverified, who knows what this really is"??

[/ QUOTE ]

I think any reasonably intelligent person who read the article would think exactly that.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:36 AM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't ABC also show the footage today?

[/ QUOTE ]

ABC did show the tape.

If you can't run anything unverified as true, then most of John Kerry's ads would have to be pulled, and the nightly CBS newscast would be about 2 minutes long. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Honestly explaining that something is unverified is 100 times better than pushing something as a fact that is not. The MSM is looking bad as it promotes its liberal agenda while pretending to be objective.