Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: 5/10 LO8 -- cap turn with nut straight?

Preflop I’d have limped the first time and reraised the second time around, since by that point everyone is staying and making the pot a giant monster favors you since your equity is certainly better than fair share.

I think capping correct on the turn.

Assume UTG has KJ for sure. On top of that, if they have both a flushdraw, a higher straightdraw (AKJ) and a set between the two of them, then your cap is a tiny mistake. If UTG can have KJ with no redraws and the other guy has just the flushddraw or the set then you have a significant EV advantage to betting.

If the board pairs or a heart comes are you going to fold? In this massive pot, I don’t know if that’s correct. So you are risking 1 bet now and 1 on the river to win what is almost certainly .5 bet, maybe another .5 bet. So let’s say you’re risking 2 bets to win 1, meaning you need to win 66% of the time or more to be profitable. Or your opponent needs to win 33% of the time, which is ~15 outs. The flushdraw AND set would be ~17 outs, so if UTG showed you KJh and other guy showed the set then you would not want to cap. But that is rare enough and a small enough mistake that I would cap here.

-g
Old 10-28-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: 5/10 LO8 -- cap turn with nut straight?

[ QUOTE ]
If the board pairs or a heart comes are you going to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have a real hard time folding for one bet in this pot. Not sure of the math, but for sanity's sake I would have to call one bet.

I would probably fold to a bet and raise. (But if I did and UTG took the pot with the straight, I would have to stop playing for the day...)