Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2004, 02:40 AM

Default Re: The most amazing hand at the 15k Bellagio tournament (so far)

Wonder if that guy has thought about suicide, worth the consideration while i dont recommend it offcourse
Old 12-17-2004, 03:11 AM

Pretty crazy....not even close to a billion to 1 though. A billion is a large number. A really large number. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

P.S. I love seeing the same LAG guys from MTT forum saying they "hate" the JJ play here, especially when they constantly tell people to come over the top with AK and AQ. They just KNOW people are gonna chicken out with JJ or 1010 here lol. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2004, 04:52 AM

something that you might see at a lowbuy in, but 15k aren't ppl suppossed to know more than that, its not like the board is QQQ and he needs running jacks
Old 12-17-2004, 05:34 AM

I think the guy obviously had a pair lower than 9's. That's why he made a small raise preflop, and then flopped a full house and knew he could only be beat by pocket pair. He probably just said JJ, because he didn't want to say he made a bad call with low pair. Then the J hit and he was stuck. I think anyone in a 15k buyin tourney would never do that. If he had a pair lower than 9's then a muck wouldn't be that crazy as he would need 2 more of his card to make quads and might as well muck. Or he was on total bluff with 67 or something like that and WAS actually drawing dead and mucked. I say no way he has nines. If I just made a huge bluff and got called and was drawing dead then I'd muck too before anyone saw. If asked, why would I say I had 34, or some crap. I think he was drawing dead or needed quads. I'm tempted to say noones that stupid, but theres always someone to prove me wrong. Either way, I say no way he had JJ.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:42 AM

Even if he had a crazy hand like 56 he will be saved by K9, AA and A9.

Sorry I now see, that you think he mucked after the jack fell.

Kim
Old 12-17-2004, 01:00 PM

Default update about the hand (this is Ed posting)

So the hand came out as john described it pretty much, and yes I am damn lucky. There are a couple of things i felt i should point out, because the story does seem quite unbelievable.

I spoke with the player the following day (which is yesterday now since it's the 17th) and he told me that the mistake happened because of him quickly standing up and momentarily glancing away from the table to as to emphasize his disgust of his bad call. He thought he was turning his hand over, and because he of his included theatrics of turning his head away, he didn't see he tossed the two cards face down in front of him. Unfortunately for him the dealer was left handed and he was in the 9 seat (all tables were 9 handed at this point) so the muck happened to be placed 5 inches away from him. So when his cards hit the table still face down, they happened to land on the muck. The fact that the dealer was left handed added to how lucky I am.

The reason the dealt the turn and river, is cuz a couple of the players asked to see the turn and river and the dealer without ever question everything, just went ahead and burned and turned twice.

When the error happened, I too thought it was un-freakin-believable, but chose to never ask any questions right at that moment. I just stayed quiet and stacked my chips cuz i figured the guy was pretty bummed at his mistake. You could see how bummed he was because his face was pretty red for the next hour, and he would stand up every five minutes or so, and pace back and forth behind his chair obviously dwelling on his error. Well like i said, the following day i had a chance to ask him about the hand. By his mannerisms and how he presented himself, this wasn't the kind of guy who would've lied about the situation. The chances of that seemed EXTREMELY small. Now even in the extreme case that he did say he had JJ without really having it, he definitely didn't seem like the kind of guy who would go on for an hour show of pacing back and forth to just to convince people he didn't know that he mucked a winning hand. For him to lie makes no sense. What does this guy get out of investing so much time trying convincing people he doesn't even know that he had mucked a winning hand?

Anyway, I asked him again if he had mucked JJ and he said he that he swears on his life he did.

-bolivia (Ed Moncada)
Old 12-17-2004, 01:13 PM

Default Re: update about the hand (this is Ed posting)

congrats on the final 18 ed. double up early today and get right back in the thick of things.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:15 PM

Ed, I see on WPT insider that you are still in it at 13th. Good luck today!
Old 12-17-2004, 05:13 PM

Ed tied for 15th w/ Barney Boatman....and wants to take the guy that mucked JJ prematurely out to dinner...jk
Old 12-17-2004, 06:31 PM

you got something against returning phone calls? kidding, kidding.

congrats. I still beat you in the last tourny we played!!

j