Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: \"So....now that you\'re here and can\'t work yet....

Rob,

I'm still being a wuss at 2/4. I think I will jump to 3/6 6-max for a bit. But for one thing I'm playing almost all in the mornings and afternoon and hardly ever evenings/weekends. I just like it better and am doing well enough that I can. For another, I'm still getting used to 8-tabling. I want to feel more comfortable with that before moving up. I make mistakes every day still just due to lack of focus/misclick...whatever. But I'm much better now than when I jumped to 8. Plus I've only really been set up and playing full time for a few weeks. I took a couple of weeks off and then spent another one just setting up my new system/monitors...loading software...playing around. But I have dabbled some in the 3/6 6-max (and 5/10 as well) and I like what I've seen.

Matt
Old 08-06-2005, 05:53 PM

Awesome...eh?

Thanks Jordan.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and I like what I've seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard not to. In the past few days I've won a 27BB pot with 66 UI shown down 3-ways and a 6BB pot with 7-high unimproved after raising the flop and betting the turn HU. It's an awfully fun game.

Rob
Old 08-06-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Jason_T: Sorry for the forum clutter. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was QTip I'd remember your first name and say

first name: I liked your post. Thanks for sharing it. It reminded me of both my own struggles with communicating to people my status as a poker player and that I study mathematics.

I'd also like to add that my "State of the Forum" post has gone down as the second most misunderstood post in my time at these forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh man....what can I say....I laughed myself reading this....fine roasting Jason.

I accept it with honor...it reminds me of my own struggle to find humor in roasting....and doing math....

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2005, 05:55 PM

Are you mainly on 5/10 short now?
Old 08-06-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

oh man....what can I say....I laughed myself reading this....fine roasting Jason.

I accept it with honor...it reminds me of my own struggle to find humor in roasting....and doing math....

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You sent me a PM a few days ago that I haven't forgotten about. I'll write you soon.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You sent me a PM a few days ago that I haven't forgotten about. I'll write you soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's no problem man...I know you've been busy going from post to post thanking people for helping to clean up the forum.

HAHA! My turn!

No.....looking forward to your response.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you mainly on 5/10 short now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's all I play right now. Hoping to move up to 10/20 soon, will be taking shots over the next month.

Rob
Old 08-06-2005, 06:19 PM

Nice. I did well at 5/10 6-max when I played and I really like the short games better. But the only time I did was stheif's OIC challenge. After 5/10 I wussed out and dropped back down and just never kept going to 10/20. I suck. Really. OK. Starting tomorrow I'm moving up. Every time I read the latest post on moving up I feel really dumb. And I'm at like 1500 BB in my accounts for 2/4 since I haven't been able to cash out for two weeks now since my account is in the US and my address is Canada. My fiancee has a decent job. I have a bunch saved up outside of my online accounts. I'm a total nit.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice. I did well at 5/10 6-max when I played and I really like the short games better. But the only time I did was stheif's OIC challenge. After 5/10 I wussed out and dropped back down and just never kept going to 10/20. I suck. Really. OK. Starting tomorrow I'm moving up. Every time I read the latest post on moving up I feel really dumb. And I'm at like 1500 BB in my accounts for 2/4 since I haven't been able to cash out for two weeks now since my account is in the US and my address is Canada. My fiancee has a decent job. I have a bunch saved up outside of my online accounts. I'm a total nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap.

Good for you.