Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 08:59 AM

Default Got pulled over while smoking a bowl

So I'm driving home at 2am from a [censored] game, enjoying a little ganja in my wooden pipe (please I drive just fine while stoned - MUCH better than my wife ever will sober). Suddenly whirling lights flash behind me. [censored]! I drive an old Jeep Wrangler with a rag top and plastic windows, drive ahead a little and pull over, while trying to cram my stuff into my pocket. I'm paranoid the cop is gona smell something, so as soon as I stop I get out of the jeep and walk to the police car, hoping to meet him half way.. but as soon as I step out the cop gets on the intercom and tells me to return to my vehicle. Thank goodness a big coldfront was blowing thru as I sat in the jeep with the door open by the time he showed up to ask for my license the winds had blown away all evidence. I know I appeared nervous tho, chewing gum and all (trying to hide pot breath) and he gets suspicious. Tells me I was doing 46 in a 35 which is BS cause I never speed when I'm smoking while driving. Then he starts asking if I've been drinking. "No sir" I truthfully replied, quite stoned at the time. He takes my license/insurance back to his car..

Meanwhile I realize my pipe has fallen out of my pocket, is somewhere on the floor of the Jeep, and I can't find it (no interior lighting). [censored]! Cop comes back asks me to step out of the vehicle, says he wants to find out if I've been drinking, leads me back and does a field sobriety test, which I easily pass with flying colors. "You ain't been drinking" the cop says handing me back my license and wishing me a good night.

Whew that was CLOSE! First I buy enough time to air out the jeep, then I don't get searched, then I don't get a ticket.. no jail.. nothing. scary! Went home and smoked a bunch more to calm down.

Moral to the story - don't drink and drive - but if you can handle your weed you'll be able to easily pass sobriety tests.

L8r... BB
Old 11-30-2005, 09:04 AM

Default Re: Got pulled over while smoking a bowl

[ QUOTE ]
please I drive just fine while stoned - MUCH better than my wife ever will sober.

[/ QUOTE ]

BIMO.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
. I'm paranoid the cop is gona smell something, so as soon as I stop I get out of the jeep and walk to the police car, hoping to meet him half way..

[/ QUOTE ]

You're special.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm paranoid the cop is gona smell something, so as soon as I stop I get out of the jeep and walk to the police car

[/ QUOTE ]

Big nono. Cops instantly see this as a threat.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:30 AM

I will reitierate the point that cops probably don't view your getting out of the car to meet them as an enthusiastic approach commonly used by law abiding citizens.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:39 AM

If I got pulled over by the police, I would likely get out to see what the hell they wanted.

Although I live in a country where the chances of me being shot for doing this is nil.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:40 AM

Nice work.

Earlier this year, I got pretty loaded at a concert, so my buddy drove my car home. He's got a bit of a heavy foot, so we got pulled over doing about 70 in a 50. It was kind of a busy road, so the cop came to my side of the car. We explained that I had been drinking a lot, and that's why my buddy was driving my car. The cop then asked for both of our licenses and my registration. When I opened the glove compartment to get my registration, I noticed my buddy had put his pouch w/ bowl in it and a film case of weed in there (which I could kill him for - I never keep stuff in there). I casually took out the registration and closed the glove box.

After inspecting the documents, the cop asked "what about the weed?" We were like "huh?" and he said "open the glove box and give me the film case." So of course we did, and he took the pouch with the bowl too. My buddy's like "wow, how did you know it was in the film case - I've never even put it in one of those before" and he started talking about how he worked a few years in narcotics or whatever. So then he tells us to give up whatever else we have in the car, and he would let us go, so I handed him my old car stereo case that had my one-hitter and a couple buds in it. I love that case though (everything fits perfect), so I asked him if he could just take the stuff out and give it back to me, and he did. He then wanted me to open my ash tray, but I explained that I never use it, and that it is jammed shut because i stuff my radar detector wire in there. He said fine, and then he let us go.

It was crazy - at no point in time were either of us nervous about getting in trouble. The cop was wicked cool, and we were kind of joking around with him the whole time. I think the fact that I was clearly loaded and had a designated driver was reason enough for him to go easy on us.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I got pulled over by the police, I would likely get out to see what the hell they wanted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, I will always get out. I'll wait for them to get out as well though, no threatening approaches here.

If I was in the states I'd stay firmly in my car seat though, and not move my hands in total fear that some action of mine would be interpreted as a threat and I would get shot. It amazes me that even just driving away after pulling over is enough for them to start shooting at you.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:49 AM

Usually if you're straight up with them if they catch you, they'll just be cool.

I remember once me and my friend went to a liqour store to pick up a bottle of vodka before we were 21. She had a fake ID and went inside and came back out. We had a packed bowl in the console in plain sight, and as shes walking back to the car some undercover cop approaches her about her purchase. She has to reach into the car to get her real ID and he shines his light on me sitting shotgun, then the packed bowl. He didn't even say anything about it.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I was in the states I'd stay firmly in my car seat though, and not move my hands in total fear that some action of mine would be interpreted as a threat and I would get shot. It amazes me that even just driving away after pulling over is enough for them to start shooting at you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? I hope you're kidding. My first reaction when he said he got out of the car is that he was an idiot. And it had nothing whatsoever to do with his chances of getting shot. That never even crossed my mind.