Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 11-17-2005, 07:20 PM

Default PLO8 hand history...feedback please

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...mp;hand=170173

basically I just wanted to know whether I made the correct call preflop and river... dang it...time to eat dinner...I'll be back...just wanted to get this off

thanks
Old 11-17-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: PLO8 hand history...feedback please

Horrible preflop. Don't play this at all, much less to a raise.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:12 AM

I'm just a begginer at this game but to me:

pre-flop, this looks bad. If you want to limp late on in a loose game then I can kind of see it. But, when the big raise comes back to you it's time to get out.

turn, doesn't look so bad but it depends on the guy going allin. If there were any significant number of callers before you then I'm not sure it's a call. But you get HU with a nut low draw and flush draw. You're getting about 5-1 which seems ok? But they are weak draws, the low could be counterfeit/miss and the flush is a long way short of nut. I think you can call HU tho.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...mp;hand=170173

basically I just wanted to know whether I made the correct call preflop and river... dang it...time to eat dinner...I'll be back...just wanted to get this off

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

If we ignore the preflop play, post flop, shoving is fine if and only if you think your flush draw is good.
There is never anything wrong with shoving a low draw and flush draw on the flop so long as both draws are good. If someone has a higher flush draw you're in trouble big time, which is why nut flush draws are always the best.
Your hand post flop plays well with 1 opponent or multiple opponents so long as no-one has a higher flush draw. I would have no problems shoving on that flop from time to time if the table is full of calling stations. There are very few hands that dominate you here which is the important thing to note.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:10 AM

Thanks for some of your feedback guys.. I'm still learning a thing or two about PLO8. I've decided to take it a little more serious after a year of LO8.

The only reason, I limped in is because of position (late). The table was a bunch of preflop limpers, no one was raising preflop.

The raiser just busted out 2 hands ago. He brought back in for $5 and raised preflop and everyone folded to him. Then the very next hand (this one), he did it again. Whether he was on tilt or had a good hand, I dont know. With 4 other people in the pot calling the preflop raise, I thought I'd gamble a little bit to see if anything hit. If not, then simply would fold at the flop.

That is what it takes to be a little successful isnt it? Gamble and mix up your play a little bit rather than july play only premium hands?
Old 11-18-2005, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for some of your feedback guys.. I'm still learning a thing or two about PLO8. I've decided to take it a little more serious after a year of LO8.

The only reason, I limped in is because of position (late). The table was a bunch of preflop limpers, no one was raising preflop.

The raiser just busted out 2 hands ago. He brought back in for $5 and raised preflop and everyone folded to him. Then the very next hand (this one), he did it again. Whether he was on tilt or had a good hand, I dont know. With 4 other people in the pot calling the preflop raise, I thought I'd gamble a little bit to see if anything hit. If not, then simply would fold at the flop.

That is what it takes to be a little successful isnt it? Gamble and mix up your play a little bit rather than july play only premium hands?

[/ QUOTE ]
Position is no excuse to make bad calls preflop. The limp was fine, but when it is potted behind you, you let the hand go. If you don't learn to do this, you will never be a winner. PLO8 is a very mechanical game at low limits, almost all bets are for value and there is very little scope for personal flair (bluffing etc) due to the large proportion of calling stations. You proved that point yourself with your preflop call where you should have folded.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:05 AM

I gamble way too often at PLO8, and stick to the beginner's tables, but I feel you may be getting implied odds to call with this hand, especially if you can put your opponent on A2xx. If you pick up the nut low draw, and some reasonable high-hand, you will get paid off by the calling stations. 23xx doublesuited and with an ok pair is not a bad way to bust somebody.