Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 02:11 AM

Default Jesus saves

So, is Jesus the awesomest player on L@TB or what?
It is so fun to watch that guy play poker. Is there a Jesus fan club?
Old 11-04-2005, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Jesus saves

Yeah, and the president of it gets a cool hat.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:59 AM

And Espo scores on the rebound.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:33 PM

jesus, i mean chris. are you guys kidding? have you ever listened to him away from the tables? this super-cool, elitist, ultra high-level intellect, out-spoken atheist, college professor----and he allows himself to go by the name of jesus, instead of actively discouraging it. why? the dollars of course. chris is a whore plain and simple, only of the most disgusting type: the hypocrite. .....b
Old 11-06-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus, i mean chris. are you guys kidding? have you ever listened to him away from the tables? this super-cool, elitist, ultra high-level intellect, out-spoken atheist, college professor----and he allows himself to go by the name of jesus, instead of actively discouraging it. why? the dollars of course. chris is a whore plain and simple, only of the most disgusting type: the hypocrite. .....b

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't watch Live at the Bike, do you?
Old 11-06-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't watch Live at the Bike, do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's obviously never met the guy in person either.

G-d forbid someone should be outspoken in their atheist beliefs! They might even try to convert someone!
Old 11-06-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it you've never had a nickname?

you can't shake it, ever. And I have a feeling that once you become a pop culture icon under that nickname it gets a liiiiitle harder [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm sure he didn't ask to be called jesus, and I'm sure his nickname was nearly set in stone before the poker boom and before being "Jesus" made him a dollar

Also, his nickname is Jesus because he looks like the COMMERCIALIZED portrait of Jesus that is almost guarenteed to not be an accurate portrayal. And you give him flack because he's selling an image of Jesus that was created for commercial purposes in the first place? Iiiiiirony [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2005, 05:40 PM

i have had 2 different nicknames in my life. i shook both of them thru persistence. i would tell people my nickname and say "but i don't answer to that". his nickname set in stone? did you ever hear the story of cassius clay and muhammed ali? he did it and he wasn't the towering intellect that chris is. irony? hardly. a pair of scissors and a good stylist (very little hair removal) would do the job. face it, chris loves being an agent provacteur---how better than to be an atheist and answer to jesus. he's a ham, c'mon...................b
Old 11-06-2005, 05:41 PM

no............................b
Old 11-06-2005, 05:46 PM

the necessity of meeting the guy in person is a big red herring----you know that , or should. i think it's great that chris is outspoken in his beliefs---more people should make it clear where they stand. next? he may bring someone around to his way of thinking.....so what? the fact that he is an unprincipled attention seeker is a different issue.....................b