Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Table Reamed Me Out For This Hand

Slumming the Prima 1/2 game for the Bet365 bonus - 8 weak-tight players and a SB who is more loose-aggressive (relatively speaking - I'd guess his stats would be something like 25/8/2). I wouldn't call him solid, but definitely better than the other players at the table. Lots of cold-calling preflop - people will only 3-bet me with AA/KK and maybe AK (i.e. they could be cold-calling pretty decent hands). Also, I have a fairly solid image - not playing junk and showing down good hands - I'm up 30BB in 1/2 hour at the table. After this hand I got ripped by 1/2 of the table for my play (which helped my image [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) but I want to make sure I didn't screw up:

Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

everyone folds to Hero who raises, MP3 folds, CO cold-calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, SB raises, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>

This re-raise is standard, no?
Old 10-03-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Table Reamed Me Out For This Hand

Standard in my books.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:46 PM

I like it. It's good if CO follows for flush equity. It's good if CO folds for likely free card if you want it. And if SB is being aggressive with air/overcards, this might quiet him down or at least passively check to you on the turn.

Pretty standard play in my book.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:47 PM

I would not ream you for it. Since you are playing tight players, who are more likely to be observant, this might have some meta game value. But your pot equity is likely be below the seeming 35% here, since the flop CR smells like it could be a set, or perhaps 2 pair. Also, if you hit yr flush, you are more likely to get bet into if you don't 3 bet here. There is that implied odds factor to consider -- it would be lovely if he bet into you on the turn when a club comes.

So, in general, I'm not a fan of the reraise.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:49 PM

I would just call the raise, but it's pretty close. It disguises your hand and maybe gets you a free card, but I think it really sucks if CO folds.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:50 PM

It's standard for all the reasons mentioned so far and it also possibly cleans up outs if any of the weak tighties fold.Really i can't think of a single reason not to 3-bet here.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:54 PM

Standard. I do this everyday and twice on Sunday. Except on some particular extra tricky situations that occur infrequently and are too complicated to bother posting. EG when you have super reads.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 08:56 PM

after greg's post, looking back I don't recall ANY check-raises at all in the game - but I wouldn't put it past SB if he did have something like AT or a flush draw - he also seemed the kind of player to check-raise/semi-bluff the turn (as the table was weak-tight)
Old 10-03-2005, 09:01 PM

What outs are being cleaned up here? The only thing I can think of is if the CO has QT or AT.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:16 PM

If the board eventually is paired with 3 clubs, and Hero gets in a war with sb, he will hopefully realize his reraise on the flop is not as standard as some of you guys seem to think.