Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-20-2005, 06:39 AM

Default Re: Opinions on women who wear too much make-up

The hottness/uglyness amplication theory is an interesting one, but it might not apply when its on thick

This then brings up, "how much is too much?"

So the answer to that is probably, "as much as it takes to make them as attractive as possible, and not a bit more"
Old 11-20-2005, 06:43 AM

I shoulda added a subclause about goth chicks though.

They can get hotter and hotter the thicker the mascara/redder the lipstick/whiter the skin, IMHO. (as long as they're at least passable to start with - ugly ones that do this are really revolting, and look like bad trannys).

I think it's just knowing they're freaks is the truth behind that though, rather than how they look. The thickness of the makeup has a linear correlation to the level of freakiness, maybe?
Old 11-20-2005, 06:56 AM

Maybe a correlation with either the amount of insecurity or ignorance as well?

Some of those goth-type chicks though, the look is so much so and so striking that you have to do a double take.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe a correlation with either the amount of insecurity or ignorance as well?

[/ QUOTE ]
I do think in some cases freakiness is definitely linked to insecurity. More freaky SOMETIMES shows very deep insecurity. Paradoxically it can also show a very profound sense of worth, self-security and self-understanding though, so freakiness indicates one of these extremes, and other factors (neediness/sense of independence?) fill out the picture.

Trying to consider ignorance as a factor as well just makes it too complicated to think about...
Old 11-20-2005, 07:08 AM

It doesnt have to indicate an extreme. Most likely, its just a combination of a bunch of things that on their own would not lead to it.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think make-up really helps that much. My friends tell me I'm crazy. I think there is a very very small difference in the way a girl looks when she wakes up and takes a shower compared to getting all fixed up. (as far as makeup goes, Hair is a whole different monster)

My sociology teacher used to always tell us that until women quit wearing makeup they won't be accepted as equals in business. FWIW

[/ QUOTE ]

i wonder if your sociology teacher is good in be(if she is a woman)
Old 11-20-2005, 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It doesnt have to indicate an extreme. Most likely, its just a combination of a bunch of things that on their own would not lead to it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree, it doesn't have to. Take everything I've said as 'there are many instances of...' rather than 'it's always true that...'.

I'll try to be more clear in future when discussing things like this, so my bad.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:20 AM

Too much makeup = insecurity, and possible psychoness. I disagree with others who say it signals freakiness... I think high sex drives are motivated by other (probably biological) factors.