Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Doyle\'s Room....my experience.

[ QUOTE ]
Quick recap, your money is not truely your money, taking all your change on cashing out also acceptable, not helping dedicated players with tons of rake and hours on the site acceptable.

What isn't acceptable in your views in a site....damn....amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Either continue living in your own world, where people make you mad, or learn to understand what they're saying.

The choice is yours.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have played with Doyle and he is a very nice person btw, real stand up guy, and a lucky sucker,

i ALMOST stopped reading after this line, but i was praying that the story ended in a bankroll confiscation.

1. you are a dick.
2. doyle is VERY involved in the site
3. they are not a bank
4. xfers + withdrawals like this aid colluders
5. when you have 10 wsop bracelets come back and discuss luck
6. you are a dick

[/ QUOTE ]

God forbid he say that Doyle is a nice guy. He seems quite nice to me, and the OP is not a dick for saying so. Do you not think Doyle is a stand-up guy as well? Keep your personal problems with Doyle to yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]
Incorrect response. Reread and try again.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:46 PM

I bonus whored there and they gave me grief with my cashout. They made me fax them a copy of my driver's license two different times to cash out. Was a gigantic pain in the butt compared to the bigger rooms which just do it right away no hassle.

Regardless I quit there and have no plans of going back. The software is very basic and not enough players.

(although if you want a fish pond the players are the worst I've ever seen)
Old 10-14-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow....had not realized the depth of flaming over this pretty vanilla subject.

So...let's get this straight. Let's see what we got ton the black board here.

1. I am a bad guy to say anything about a site that has Doyle's name on it, regardless of what a site does.

2. This was a transfer as stated to a friend, who couldn't tranfer via Neteller, because his first deposit was...a transfer.

3. This is VCpoker skin, so in essence it is VCpoker I am talking about, to all the Doyle defenders.

4. This is my friends money...not the sites it is his, once transfered to me it is mine.

5. I can keep the money ONLY if I play on the site with it, can't take it off...my money...can't take it.

6. Laundering, sure over 100 thousand in player points, many final tables, many submissions on improvements to the site, already cashed out previously, I am an affiliate...and I am laundering money. Those points add up to thousands of raked dollars....but I am laundering $300...what an amazing and unprofitable cover for $300.

You want me to post a picture of Doyle hitting his royal against a set of aces....I will.

Quick recap, your money is not truely your money, taking all your change on cashing out also acceptable, not helping dedicated players with tons of rake and hours on the site acceptable.

What isn't acceptable in your views in a site....damn....amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Harvester, the problem here is that you have 1, or now, 2 posts. Anyone with that many is never allowed to criticize or even suggest improvements to online poker. If you write the exact same post, but with 1000 previous, people will explain the transfer rules, tell you why the site is legit, nothing shady, but they would do so while not flaming. There is nothing shady about the site and what they did is SOP for most sites. But you must accept the fact that the responses you are getting are SOP for this forum, as well.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am an affiliate...and I am laundering money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus, why would you admit to being an affiliate?
Old 10-14-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have played with Doyle and he is a very nice person btw, real stand up guy, and a lucky sucker,

i ALMOST stopped reading after this line, but i was praying that the story ended in a bankroll confiscation.

1. you are a dick.
3. they are not a bank
6. you are a dick

[/ QUOTE ]

God forbid he say that Doyle is a nice guy. He seems quite nice to me, and the OP is not a dick for saying so. Do you not think Doyle is a stand-up guy as well? Keep your personal problems with Doyle to yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're missing the point rookie. Granny is not saying Doyle is not a nice guy, Granny is....oh never mind.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. you are a dick.
3. they are not a bank
6. you are a dick

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Incorrect response. Reread and try again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect response, reread (between the lines) and try again.

Fine, I will explain it to you. Calling someone a nice person, and a stand-up guy, is quite a compliment. For him make the comment that he is a lucky sucker, well that is hardly an insult. Doyle and family have survived several life threatening illnesses, beating the odds many times. And Doyle's rep also comes, incorrectly, from his winning hands in his ME being poor starting hands. I understand that he is one of the greatest poker players of all time. And all poker players have good luck, and they have bad luck. I think Granny might have been a bit hard on him, for mentioning that he is a lucky sucker, and recounting one example of this luck.

If I win the BBJ at Party, would it be lucky? Yes! Should I be offended if someone makes that statement about me? NO! And neither should Doyle, and neither should Granny.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lucky sucker

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling someone lucky is opinion, but may be true at times of course.

Calling someone a sucker is in bad taste.

Calling someone a lucky sucker is truly in bad taste.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fine, I will explain it to you.

[/ QUOTE ]
I stopped reading here.

You read too fast and incorrectly interpreted Granny's post. Changing your story into a lecture on luck won't change that fact.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. you are a dick.
3. they are not a bank
6. you are a dick

[/ QUOTE ]

Refreshing!