Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 09:50 AM

Default Re: I fold JJ pf

I almost folded JJ PF against a 9/3 rock who raised utg3, instead I 3 bet and lost a handful to QQ.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Note: I dont play 10-handed

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be the issue then (I don't play much 6-max, but from what I understand sh games are more aggressive in general). For this action to happen 10-handed and your JJ to be good, it basically means the cold-capper is a moron or has AKs/AQs/TT (not that capping those hands is necessarily right, I just wouldn't call one a moron for doing so). Nevermind that usually the 3-bettor and sometimes UTG have you beat also.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I almost folded JJ PF against a 9/3 rock who raised utg3, instead I 3 bet and lost a handful to QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're fairly new, so I'll cut you a break this time. Next time, tho, if you're not confident in your ability to flop a set you should fold JJ to a preflop raise.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[...] I'm not comfortable with the 40 bets number. In the first place, it's only 34, since you're about 8.5:1 to hit your set on the flop, right? Second, that only applies if you're folding to any number of bets on the flop if you don't hit your set.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't win everytime you flop a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. Sometimes you flop a set of 7s and lose to a rivered set of Js. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

This pot looks to be jinormous. I think it is worth taking a shot at someone with AK and KQs who might bump this pup up. And, as Boz mentioned, the TAG might not hang around if he was the one raising with KQ. The flop action will give us a better idea of where we are. I can't give up on this yet.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And do you lose every time you miss?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing as everyone who's advocating a call here is folding if we don't hit a set, yes.