Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 03:30 PM

Default 3/6: KQ in battle of blinds

Just curious how I played this hand up until the river. Do you guys feel my bet sizes are large enough given the board and his likely holdings?

Thanks,
-Ace

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button ($364.55)
SB ($725.90)
Hero ($871.40)
UTG ($571)
MP ($539.12)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $32</font>, SB calls $26.

Flop: ($76) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $70</font>, SB calls $70.

Turn: ($216) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $275</font>, SB calls $200.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: 3/6: KQ in battle of blinds

AceHi,
I don't know if i'd reraise preflop, but we did, so we'll move on. I like the flop bet and the turn raise-his 1/3 pot bet confuses me, but i'd raise as well. His turn call confuses me.....

Yours truly,
Crosse
Old 12-06-2005, 03:36 PM

Got my first post killed. I think on this turn you see some sort of draw very often and I would be very, very inclined to push because it's barely over pot (about 1.5 pot) and he might talk himself into a big call with Kx[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Old 12-06-2005, 04:17 PM

I liek the way you played it just fine, but I also like xorbies idea of pushing turn. The scare cards for river are A 9 J T and they come often enough to suck. I think he has KJ or KT here pretty often, (maybe QT) and I think most of these hands (KT) will call a turn push, especially with your aggro image. Id raise a bit more on the turn to make the river insignificant. So i guess allin is best.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:22 PM

Push turn. There are a good amount of probable hands that are behind here and still call
Old 12-06-2005, 04:54 PM

Villain had KcTc and river was 9c... wasn't much left to be put in the pot, so I put it in.

I thought about the hand afterwords and thought a turn push was the way to go with my image as it looks like a desperation bluff. There's no doubt in my mind he would have called in this spot with KcTc having two pair and a flush draw, but I would have felt better getting it all in the middle with the best rather than when the river is already dealt. Thanks for the replies as always,
-Ace
Old 12-06-2005, 05:00 PM

Push the turn, push seems to entice looser calls than the value re-raise that you put up. Yes he would have called regardless.

I like the rest of the line entirely, especially preflop. I think many people in this forum do not reraise preflop nearly enough with a wider range of hands. SB could be raising the blind with any 2, your just re-stealing it away for free 90% of the time with a significant raise in the BB. A hand like KQ is far to ahead most of his range to not re-raise with plus you will be in position.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:11 PM

I used to think this kind of donk bet on the turn was always a blocking bet to protect a draw. A bunch of money later, I find this untrue. He clearly could have a decent hand here, AJ would suck, but a lot of other hands are fine. A raise here is good cause you have a good hand.