Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 06:38 AM

Default Re: i\'m ultra paranoid..

[ QUOTE ]
Without a read, I call and fold the turn UI. I call the flop because I often get to check the turn behind, and I'd rather encourage turn bets than flop check-raises against me. This allows me to c/r the turn more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what you are saying. You can't check/raise the turn. You expect SB to check the turn with any reasonable frequency?
Old 11-28-2005, 07:04 AM

With no read this is impossible to give advice for.

His check raise could be 1pair/2pair, it could be OESD or he could be protecting high A8 putting you on UI OC's.

10:1 you may occasionally want to call down. Folding after a raise can give you poor table image aswell as causing you to often be bluffed out on hands.

Overall i think this laydown is ok, but please GET READS.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:07 AM

Guys, you have to remember though that there's two opponents for your villian to push off his hand here with his "middle pair".

I'm leaning towards him having a Queen as opposed to middle pair, but it's never a clear cut fold. Depending on your image, his image etc. calling down could be the best course of action

Steve Griff
Old 11-28-2005, 07:13 AM

He limped from MP, Wtf does a limper hold?

Poket pair would wait for turn? Queen/Weak kicker would probably C/r to kill the field? Two pair, Wait to turn no?

I think this may be 99-TT a fair bit, but calling down is the suck.

By the way if i see this play from you, I'll note it down that you can be kicked off hands are PFR'ing the flop and WILL TAKE NUMEROUS shots at you when holding reasonable hands.

Keep that in mind for the future hands when still seated on a table after doing such a thing.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Without a read, I call and fold the turn UI. I call the flop because I often get to check the turn behind, and I'd rather encourage turn bets than flop check-raises against me. This allows me to c/r the turn more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what you are saying. You can't check/raise the turn. You expect SB to check the turn with any reasonable frequency?

[/ QUOTE ]

For meta-game reasons, when later I'm OOP, I want to encourage a bet. Yes, a low limits, I tihnk the check behind possibility is worth a couple of outs.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:15 AM

Instead of calling down, why not threebet the flop, bet turn, check river? It gets to showdown slightly cheaper and gives him a chance to fold a five-outer on the turn. If he still shows aggression after getting threebet on the flop then it's a super-easy fold.

Of course, I make no claims to be any good at limit poker.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:25 AM

3betting the flop is an ok line, the only bad thing would be having to fold a cap when the pots 10SB+.

Is better than calling down, as i say calling down = The worst line possible [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2005, 09:00 AM

i drop it like its hot, but i love low variance play (weak)
Old 11-28-2005, 11:59 AM

I'm not folding this readless. Against a known low-aggro loose player I'm tossing it like a hot potato.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3betting the flop is an ok line, the only bad thing would be having to fold a cap when the pots 10SB+.

Is better than calling down, as i say calling down = The worst line possible [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is calling down the worst line? Please don't say because it's "weak". 3-betting makes almost no sense here as it loses the most when we're behind, and occasionally lets him off the hook when we're ahead. I think it's pretty close between calling down and folding.