Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 12:59 AM

Default How Times Have Changed...

http:// web page

This post is from about 8 months ago and it's pretty amazing how the general attitude of the HUSH forum has changed regarding steals, VPIP, etc.

___1___
Old 09-22-2005, 01:08 AM

Default Re: How Times Have Changed...

I remember that thread. It was at that point I started looking for more Nikla posts and loosened up again myself.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http:// web page

This post is from about 1 1/2 years ago and it's pretty amazing how the general attitude of the HUSH forum has changed regarding steals, VPIP, etc.

___1___

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually only from about 8 months ago, I read it when it was going down. It's a good one, though.

Surf
Old 09-22-2005, 01:30 AM

People still try to say that being that loose is wrong or that it doesn't matter either way.

Nikla speaks the truth... playing 22/17 is failing to maximize your earn... period.

Give it another 8 months and 2+2 will actually realize this.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People still try to say that being that loose is wrong or that it doesn't matter either way.

Nikla speaks the truth... playing 22/17 is failing to maximize your earn... period.

Give it another 8 months and 2+2 will actually realize this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is assuming one knows what to do with a LAG, maniacal image. I didn't adjust to how my opponents perceived me and got thrashed for 10k hands.

Surf
Old 09-22-2005, 01:38 AM

i think most have realized this, but not all feel comfortable jumping from 20/15 to 27/20 all of the sudden.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:50 AM

Public service announcement: Nikla is a LHE god. Think about it.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think most have realized this, but not all feel comfortable jumping from 20/15 to 27/20 all of the sudden.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just described my last 2 months perfectly.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:07 AM

i continuously try to improve my game and i have been working towards the 30/20 style since thats how all the big dogs play. i thought i had it down for my last 20k but i was getting absolutely crushed and, naturally, this was causing some psychological problems.

one thing about adding a bunch of hands is i definitely started to get a better feel and understanding for the game since i was in so many more unique situations. the best lesson i learned is that stealing blinds is hella profitable for me (and likely for you). so, i have increased my blind steal repertoire but am back to folding my blinds to steals. im at like 65% in the bb which is likely the highest on the board. i dont care. i am folding ajs to the tag utg raise. i am folding a10 when the 30/5 guy with 10%asb opens in the co. ta and rory: im with you guys and im sorry i tried to leave.

i will, however, try to gradually open my defending range against the 22pfr with 35asb. the problem with this is that most of these guys are a bitch to play postflop since they are aggro and their range is large, while defending against the tags or laps is a bitch since they usually have good cards. [censored] it, im folding.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:47 AM

Nikla is better than anyone in this forum.

The recommendations given by most of the experienced players in this forum is:

Play fairly tight, because you are not as good as Nikla and making 4bb/100 over any significant sample size is way out of your league.

25 is more the norm now, the difference in earn between 25% and 30% isnt very much and if you are able to profitably play the extra few % then why the hell are you playing 10/20 6max.

When you can make over 2bb/100 over a decent sample playing at 25% or so worry about moving up not adding extra hands.